Chapter 8 : The Royal Picnic

Today is the royal picnic, and while I am a fan of gossip, I shall not wish to ruin the surprise of our special guests.

Although, I will tell you this, my dear reader, Junge eheliche Lords und Damen der ton sollten bereit sein ihr mögliches spiel zu treffen!

Let's hope you brushed up on your language arts, hm?

—Lady Feicuiton Societt Papers—
—25 July 1813—

Marcy sighed as she looked at the paper in her hands, bouncing her leg lightly as she read it. "Marcius? may I bother you with a question?"

Her brother looked up from his own book, tilting his head a bit, "It depends on the question." Marcy glanced up at him for a mere second before looking back at her paper, " 'Junge eheliche Lords und Damen der ton sollten berit sein ihr mögliches spiel zu treffen' means 'Young marital Lords and Ladies of the ton should be ready to meet their possible match', correct?"

Marcius hummed to himself for a moment, looking off to the distance to translate the sentence before nodding to his sister, "Yes, it is." the young man shifted in his seat, looking back at his book as he added, "You know, you should truly learn our language better, I doubt aunt Olivia will be happy to hear you struggle to translate German properly."

Marcy dropped her paper for a moment, glaring at her brother, "...I know German perfectly, you are the one who does not, I was simply quizzing you like a good sister."

Marcius blinked dumbly at the ravenette before rolling his eyes, "Oh whatever." the Taiwanese woman let a knowing smirk onto her mouth as she asked, "Was sage ich dann? du arsch."

Once again, Marcius had to think about it for a moment, which just made Marcy giggle—and she giggled even harder once her brother realized what she had said and gasped, "Dearest sister! do watch your mouth!"

Marcy raised an eyebrow, looking confused at the insulted man, "Oh? what did I say? I truly apologize brother, but it has been simply too long since I muttered that sentence, I seem to have forgotten."

Marcius just rolled his eyes once again.

Anne had an uncontrollable grin on her face as her and her mother were taken to the royal picnic.

"What has you so joyous dear? are you excited to see her majesty? or perhaps is it the marquess?" Viscountess Boonchuy asked with a smirk, Anne simply chuckled, playing along with her original—even if she was not aware it was fake love until now—story, "Oh yes, I am just simply so excited to see his grace once again."

And as those words left her plump lips, all she could think about was the marchioness.

She was so incredibly ecstatic! she hasn't seen Sasha since she visited her when she was 'ill', and she could not wait to see her again.

"Well," Her mother began, shifting in her seat for a moment as she looked out at the scenery, seeing that they were arriving closer to the destination, "I would prepare yourself dearest, as Lady Feicuiton said a mere week ago, his grace was shopping for diamonds," Anne felt her stomach turn in disgust as her mother smirked and said, "perhaps he's planning on purposing~?"

Anne simply nodded with a soft smile, fighting the overwhelming urge to empty her guts right then and there.

Finally, the two had arrived at their destination: and when they actually walked in, Anne was on the immediate search for the marchioness, even forgetting her mother was near her if she hadn't spoken up when the brunette began to walk off. "Anne dearest? where are you headed off to?"