Chapter 7 : Faking an Illness

I heard that Miss Anne Boonchuy has caught a cold, Let's hope she's feeling better in time for the royal picnic—for I am sure his grace has invited her, or at the very least the marchioness.

Speaking of his grace, let's see if he's truly a love match, for we all know ones true love would do anything for the other, even risking getting sick with the plague if needed to take care of the other!

—Lady Feicuiton Societt Papers—
—23 July 1813—

"Oh dear... Anne, are you certain you don't need anything else??" Viscountess Boonchuy asked as she tucked Domino under Anne's blanket and into her arms.

Anne chuckled, coughing a bit after the sudden laugh, "Yes mama," she answered in a raspy voice, "I don't require anything else," she smiled nervously, looking around her room which was filled to the brim with her family and maids, "...unless some privacy is an option?"

Her mother almost immediately stood up, swatting her hands all around the room, "You heard her! leave this instant or I swear to the good lord ฉันจะส่งคุณไปหาเขา!!"

Everyone quickly ran out of the room—including Anne's other family members, even her father! but not her mother. Anne's mama sat back down on her chair, letting out a tsk as she petted her daughter's head, "ลูกที่น่าสงสารของฉัน..." she mumbled before kissing the brunette's forehead.

Anne coughed again looking up at her mother and smiling awkwardly, "Um... may you leave as well? my head is aching..." but the viscountess just smiled, "I can be quiet."

"Mama!" she groaned so her mother did as she wished, "Alright sweetheart," she brushed Anne's curly bangs out of her eyes as she whispered, "I love you, dearest, luncheon shall be soon, I'll have Melanie bring it up for you."

The viscountess kissed Anne's head one last time before leaving the brunette alone in her room, which when the young Lady was alone, she immediately let out a sigh of relief, looking down at the kitten on her chest and whispering to her in a completely normal voice, "We did it Domino!!"

The kitten simply meowed in return, making the young women giggle—that morning, she had decided to fake being ill since she had discovered she was not attracted to men, and instead, other women.

Now, this was a terrifying realization, so she decided that faking an illness would give the young Lady enough time to think about what on earth she was going to do.

She knew she had to marry a man, there was no doubt about that, so perhaps she'd just go ahead with her original plan? marry as soon as possible and just accept she'd be miserable all her life?

Or perhaps she could marry a gay man so the two could have separate affairs with the gender they prefer? that sounded like a plan, but how on earth was she to find a homosexual man? or a woman to have an affair with at that rate.

Anne sighed, she wishes she could just marry a woman, especially... Sasha...

Anne bit her bottom lip, blushing as she looked down at the ground, oh how she wanted to be with Sasha, not even romantically!—although she certainly wouldn't mind that—but just to be around her would be amazing.

Anne let a small smile form on her lips as she looked down at the white blankets she was tucked into, imagining her grace in bed with her, wrapping her arms around her waist, holding her tightly, whispering all her favorite things about the brunette into her ear as they cuddled.