*

The next day, Reign planned on lounging around so she simply dressed with a pair of grey sweatpants and black crop top. It was early in the day and she didn't want to do anything too strenuous today. Or at least that's what she thought until she heard a car door shut outside her the guest house she was staying in. Reign got up and opened the door before walking outside and saw both Hatori and Shigure talking. She sighed and walked outside to see Hatori holding a scalpel to Shigure's cheek with a dark expression on his face.

"What are you two doing here?" she asked as she walked towards them.

"What do you mean doc?" Shigure asked, dodging the scalpel in Hatori's hand. "I'm here for vacation."

Reign crossed her arms. "And you?"

Hatori turned to face her. "Duty calls." he answered coolly. "Akito is here."

Reign's eyes widened. "You can't be serious right now. Why is Akito here?"

Shigure smirked and Reign instantly knew it was his doing.

"What did you say to get Akito to come here?" she asked, walking back inside.

The two of them followed her inside.

"I just offered the idea to Akito. Everything else took its course."

Reign turned around and glared at him. "I won't even say what I want to say since you are already aware."

He sat down on the chair in the open room and Reign followed his suit while Hatori continued standing.

"I won't try to stop you." Hatori said suddenly. "But don't expect me to support what you're doing."

Reign nodded in agreement. "I'll keep my mouth shut but if I get called in, I'll slit your throat with Hatori's scalpel myself."

Shigure scoffed. "You'd think having two friends as doctors would make you feel secure but you two always threaten me!"

"Oh stop crying." Hatori scolded. "Why aren't you with Akito right now?"

Shigure sighed and stretched his arms out. "The darling Kureno is here. Why would I be needed?"

Reign crossed her legs and raised a brow. "Since when are you not needed? You'll be summoned by tonight I say. You know Akito gets sick of Kureno after a while."

"But if I leave you two, who'll monitor the love birds?" he asked smirking.

Hatori pulled the scalpel back out and Reign sat up in the chair. Shigure hushed his mouth and sunk into the chair.

"I apologize." he said quietly.

Hatori put the scalpel away and sighed. "I'm glad we all understand collectively."

*

"Do you want something to drink?" Hatori asked Reign as he looked in the fridge.

Reign walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around him, letting her chin rest on his shoulder.

"Could I ask for something else?" she tempted.