nine

Brylee knew she probably shouldn't be nervous. She's known Luke since forever and they had hung out loads of times. The title date changed everything though. It made her think of every way that this could go wrong. 

She knew what the date was. They were going ice skating and then going out to eat. If you couldn't tell Luke came up with it. 

Brylee was excited though, she hadn't been ice skating since she left for college. She looked at herself in the mirror one last time. Nodding at herself in reassurance before she slipped on her shoes. A knock came from the door and she hurried over to open it. Luke was smiling on the other side. She smiled back at him. 

"Ready to go?" Luke asked. 

"Let me grab my skates" She said before rushing to get them. She made her way back and soon enough her and Luke were making their way towards the Yost. 

-

-

"Can you help me tie my skates?" Brylee asked, knowing that she could do it herself. Luke nodded and tied them for her. 

"too tight?" He asked. 

"Perfect" She smiles at him. He offers his hands to pull her up and she thankfully takes them. They get onto the ice and they both start skating while holding hands. 

"I feel like I'm in a cheesy romcom" Brylee says while laughing. 

"Isn't that like every girl's dream though?" Luke asked. 

"Definitely was mine" Brylee says. 

"Here give me your other hand" Luke says turning around and skating backwards. Brylee grabs his other hand. 

"1, 2, 3" As soon as Luke says three he spins them around in a circle. 

"I think we could go to the olympics for figure skating, eh?" Brylee jokes. 

"Totally" Luke nods. "Glad to hear you still have some Canadian in you" He teases. Brylee gently shoves him. 

"Shut up, it's not like you stayed in Canada much longer" She said. 

"You followed all of that?" Luke asked. Brylee nodded. 

"Watched the 2018 and 2019 draft. My whole family did. You should have seen my mom when they got picked first round, she was so proud" brylee explained while laughing. "I watched the ntdp games too. As much as I could at least" 

Luke kept his eyes trained on her. His eyes held an amount of admiration that they never had before. 

"My mom used to show me all the softball championship photos. She would talk about how proud she was to all of us" Luke said. Brylee's smile widened. 

"I miss Ellen" She sighed out. 

"The whole family is coming to my next game. Maybe you could go out to eat with us?" luke proposed. 

"Yeah, I would love to see everyone" Luke stopped and turned to Brylee causing her to do the same. 

"Maybe this time when you see them you could have the title of Luke's girlfriend?" Luke asks nervously. Brylee laughed. 

"Is this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend?" Brylee asked. Luke nodded. 

"Of course, Lukey. I would love to be your girlfriend" She jumped on him to hug him causing them both to fall to the ice. Giggles echoed throughout the empty arena. Brylee pressed a kiss to his lips. 

Once they finally got off the ice they both decided that they would go get some food. Then they made their way to Brylee's dorm. They opened the door and saw Addy and Mark making out on Addy's bed without their shirts on.

"Oh shit!" Brylee yelled before slamming the door shut. 

"I'm traumatized" Luke says. 

"Let's go to your dorm" Brylee suggests causing Luke to quickly agree. They go to Luke's dorm and say hi to Dukers. Then they go to cuddle on his bed. Brylee quickly fell asleep. 

"Did you do it?" Dukers asked Luke. 

"Yeah, I did" Luke answers. 

"Damn, Hughesy isn't single anymore" Dukers laughs. 

"I don't think Mark is either" Luke says. Dukers furrows his eyebrows. 

"We caught him and Addy hooking up" Luke nods still trying to process what he saw. 

"Holy shit!" Dukers laughs. 

bryleerobinson's story