005

When Poseidon finally let it click that he was back

He was pissed.

Not because he was brought back to life, but because he had lost to a human.

He couldn't tell if whoever brought him back was trying to be nice or if they were trying to humiliate him.

Either way, he was angry. So angry he didn't even want to be in the arena anymore. So he just left.

This response made you laugh into your hand. His reaction was like that of a pouting toddler. In a way...it was cute.

The next match was already starting, this time the god being introduced first.

Of course, it had to be the most righteous and golden hearted god, Hercules.

What you found interesting however, was that the gods decided to give humanity a handicap and allow the human fighters to choose what kind of ring to fight in.

What was interesting to you, was the fact that it was London.

Who could possibly....wait...there's no way...surely not?

You started to sweat when you realized the possibilities of who could be fighting for humanity. If it's who you think it is, then truly whoever was picking fighters was insane.

Sure enough, it was exactly who you thought it was going to be.

Jack the Ripper.

Of course you knew about him due to the awful stories about said serial killer. You weren't exactly thrilled to have a serial killer fight for humanity, but honestly you could care less if it can higher the chance of human survival.

There was never a face put to the name, but you certainly weren't expecting...well...such a fine looking gentleman.

His entrance was rather entertaining, almost like he was performing at a theater as he threw off the mask he was wearing, the mask then shattering on the ground.

Jack was dressed in a very classy steampunk style, and despite being as old as he is...he was still a very good looking guy. Very pleasing in the eyes actually.

Only one of his eyes was visible. One that was a bright and vibrant silver, while the other eye was covered by some strange kind of monocle. His silvery hair was medium in length, and his mustache was well maintained and sleek.

All in all, Jack had this overall gentlemanly and gentle aura surrounding him. An aura that was the complete opposite of what you expected from a serial killer.

To some, this match may look like it's going to be one sided, but to you...for the first time...you felt a glimmer of hope. You felt like you could rely on Jack.

Hell, call yourself crazy, but you're even willing to cheer for him, even if you end up being the only one to do so.

In all your years of living...never once have you ever felt passionate about anything. You just went through your days without a care in the world.