Chapter 4-1

Soojin's POV

I kept my head down. Ari and her gang would definitely come to me if they saw me. I pulled my jacket closer to myself. It was the end of school. I needed to go home, or else I will be scolded. I walked timidly with my head down. I saw a little bit of the change in the color of the floor. I was nearly at the end of the corridor. 

I saw that familiar pair of shoes. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. I looked up. I saw Ari standing there, right in front of me. I started backing backwards. It was as if she had known that I would do that. Two of her friends stood there, blocking my way. "What do you want." I tried to sound brave, but failing miserably.

"You always know what we want." Ari replied with a devilish smile on her face. I know that the whole entire hallway was silent, no one dared to mess with Ari and her gang, ot even any of the boys. Ari's father was the principal. "What's going on here?" I could hear the sound of a teacher coming from the other end of the hall. Ari looked at me angrily. "Don't you dare tell her. If you do, I will make sure that you regret it." She snarled at me. Then as quickly as the anger had appeared, it was gone.

"Nothing, Ms Chen. I was just telling her a little secret." Ari smiled at the teacher, putting on her fake smile. Then, she turned around and walked off with her little gang. I looked down again. I knew that I will be bullied even worse later. "Are you alright?" I heard Ms Chen ask me. She was my Science teacher. She is a new teacher so she may not be as corrupted as the other teachers but I know what Ari will do. 

"It's fine. I'm alright Ms Chen." I looked up and replied. I turned away and started walking. I reached the exit of the school when Ari and her gang approached me again. Two of her gang grabbed my arms and dragged me to the toilet. I knew that it was not use to struggle. I just followed them. 

When we had reached the toilet, one of the gang shooed the girls that were inside out of the toilet and locked the door. I was pushed harshly against the wall. I slammed into it. I felt my knees go weak and I fell onto the ground. I huddled close to the wall, bracing for impact. Just as I thought, Ari and her gang landed a number of hard kicks. "You deserve it bitch." Ari spat at me once she was done and left the toilet.

I lay huddled on the floor. I was used to it, so much that it did not even hurt anymore. I think I am numb. She was popular, I was nobody. I slowly stood up again. I did my clothes a little and walked out of the toilet, heading home.