Chapter 1-4

Miyeon's POV

I slowly got out of bed and walked towards the dining room. I saw Myun-Ki busy at the stove, making bacon for me. There was already some scrambled eggs and bread on two of the plates. I stared off into space as he cooked the food. "Are you alright?" Myun-Ki asked, genuinely worried. I turned around to see that all the food was cooked and he was placing them down on the dining table.

"Yeah. Not a good period." I replied, turning back to the window. I was not in the mood to eat anyways. "Aren't you supposed to be at work?" I asked not looking at him. "I took leave. I was worried for you." I nodded. It made sense.

"Are you going to eat?" I heard Myun-Ki ask me. I shook my head, still not looking. He walked over and handed me a glass of milk. I took it from him and took a sip. He sat down beside me. "Care to spill?" He asked. I was glad to have him around sometimes. At least he was not like all the other guys who want my money.

I shook my head. "I think I need time to think." I sighed and leaned onto his shoulder. I felt a little dizzy and slowly fell into a deep sleep. It was the longest and deepest that I had ever slept. I had no dreams, no thoughts, nothing. Nothing bugged me. "There's something in the milk." I muttered to myself.

I slowly gained back my conscious after I don't know how long. I looked around and saw that I was in a really dark room. I tried to get up, only to feel that my legs were tied up with duct tape. When I tried to use my hands, I felt that they were also tied up behind my back at my wrists. I tried shouting for help but I could not open my mouth. There was also duct tape on my mouth. I wiggled on the floor, trying to open the duct tape. It was to no avail.

Fear started to dawn upon me. My worst fear came true. There was a drug in the milk! I tried to move myself closer to the door. I heard a key click in the lock and I pretended that I still had not woken up. I could feel the person holding me by my legs and dragging me out of the room. I turned my head to the side and slowly took a peek of the surroundings.

I was still at home, but I could see that the sky had already turned dark outside. I closed my eyes as the person dragged me into a room. I was placed on a chair. The duct tape was peeled away. I slowly opened my eyes. I saw Myun-Ki standing in front of me. "Why?" I asked.

"Because you found out." He replied, the look on his face was identified as sadness. "You could've told me, I will never tell." I muttered, barely loud enough for him to hear. "You will tell. You are always afraid for your own life." Myun-Ki told me sadly. "Then, you don't know me." I muttered bitterly.

I looked around. It was a room full of the evidence that Myun-Ki collected. I looked back at him. "Where are we-- " I was just about to ask him a question when struck. A knife, hidden behind him for the longest time. It was plunged into my stomach. I could feel the blade pressing and breaking my skin. I could feel the cold metal, a contrast with the warm blood that was flowing out.

"You don't have to know." He replied casually. I looked outside the door of the place. I could a see surveillance camera that I had placed in secret. I don't think Myun-Ki knew about it. "Why? Why-- did you kill those women?" I asked, hoping to get evidence so that the police can find out who did it. I knew that the chances of escaping is slim, after all Myun-Ki was not suspected of being the killer at all.

"I don't know. I have the kind of feeling to kill people for fun." Myun-Ki replied, smiling. I recognise that smile. It was something that unlocked a hidden side of him. "Humans are selfish. So am I. I am willing to kill you to make sure that I am not caught." I started feeling dizzy. Everything in front of me seemed to have many forms. I can see 1... 2... 3... 4... 4 Myun-Kis. Was it the result of losing too much blood?

I slowly felt the world around me fade. I could feel my soul being pulled away from my body. Then all was black. My body drooped lifelessly on the chair.