Chapter 3-2

Soyeon's POV

I followed Jae-Sung into he alley, keeping a distance between him and me. "I know you are there." He suddenly stopped. I was hiding behind some cardboard boxes and I quickly ducked. There was a hole on one of the boxes and I peeked at what was happening.

I tried not to gasp in shock as a man appeared, seemingly out of nowhere. "Hello, Jae-Sung." The man was wearing a mask and using a voice modifier. "So? How are your men doing? Are they ready to catch the thing?" A look of disgust appeared on Jae-Sung's face, a look that he would only have when he is talking or listening about me.

I stiffled a gasp. Am I the 'Thing'? "Don't worry, young master." The man gave a grand bow. "Everything is in plan." Jae-Sung nodded his head. "Good. When will it be caught? I want to make sure that it is there when I am in a plave with people, so I can have an alibi."

"Of course, young master. Please make sure to keep your promise. The promise that-" The man did not finish his sentence when he was cut short. "Am I someone who does not keep my word? I don't need your reminders! I am not a child!" Jae-Sung shouted, causing the man to bow down a little.

Suddenly, I felt a pudgy hand touch my shoulder. "What are you doing?" The owner of the hand boomed behind me. I knew that I was in a tight spot. I could see that he had attracted the attention if Jae-Sung and the man. "I'm no one. I just dropped my bracelet." I faked smiled, turning to face the man while holding out my bracelet. He seemed to believe me. I took it as a chance and I bolted in the direction I came in.

I heard a sound of gunfire behind me. I ducked behind a recycling bin and looked back. The man that was talking to Jae-Sung was holding a gun. I looked in the direction that I was planning to go in. I could see many big recycling boxes for me to hide behind. I knew it was risky, but I had to try, or else they will catch me for what, I don't know.

I dashed behind the nearest pile of boxes. When I crouched behind it, I could hear another sound of gunfire. I flinched and dashed to another pile. Another sound of a gunshot. I dashed again. I think the man must've found my pattern, I was grazed by the bullet on my shin.

I looked at the end of the alley, it was so closs, I just needed one more dash, then I'm out. I sprinted to the next cluster of boxes. There were too many holes so I dashed out immediately after. I was about to step out when someone suddenly appeared, blocking my path. "Nowhere else to run, sweetie." The woman smiled. She knocked me, hard on my neck and I felt the world around me slowly fade away...