Chapter Forty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Valen's voice is thick against her neck. "It seems I'm making things difficult for you."

Alia exhales through clenched teeth, eyes darkening as heat travels up her face. "Extremely."

Travelling through the forest, Alia tries to remember where Valen took her to see the statue of Fenrir

Travelling through the forest, Alia tries to remember where Valen took her to see the statue of Fenrir. It's been almost two hours since she left the house, an hour wasted as she found herself walking in circles more times than she'd like to admit. It's difficult to orientate herself within these lands, and it's even more difficult after having experienced Valen's mouth on her neck.

When Valen returned to listening, Alia reluctantly manoeuvred herself out of his lap and all but stumbled out of the room. The redness and warmth of her face still linger, constantly reminded of Valen's hands on her as he pleasured her soul through his mark.

Bringing her hands to her face, Alia's eyes widen in embarrassment, skin heating further. Valen Volkov was kissing her neck, and she was a writhing mess against him. He had her wrapped around his finger, able to make her submit her body and soul to him with a single touch.

At first, teasing him made her think she had some sort of influence over him. But he showed her who was truly in control. And she loved every second of it.

Valen's tempting words return to her, causing her to stumble and catch herself on a nearby tree. Her face burns, eyes wide as she bites her lip and smiles.

'... and fuck you until sunrise'.

Gods. Just knowing he desires her in the most intimate of ways... it's enough to sate her for a lifetime. Even now, just the thought of him has her feeling butterflies.

After she left the living room, Alia wrote a note informing Valen of her venture and placed it on the coffee table. She probably should have waited until he was available, just so she wouldn't be as confused as she is now, but she wanted to return to him before he finished listening.

She wants to spend the time he has on his terms.

Eventually, with Alia barely knowing how she managed it, she finds stone paws and legs peeking through the trees. She'll never be able to thank Valen enough for bringing her here. To see the statue of a wolf that means so much to her. The story of Fenrir is one of her favourites, granted, but it's the connection she had to her parents that makes her heart clench with a tender sentiment.

Approaching the edge of the tree line, Alia stills when she sees a man standing before the statue. Black trousers cover his legs whilst his feet and torso are bare to the night sky.

"Must you always ignore me," he grumbles, head angled back to look at the snarling face of Fenrir. With combed back, black hair of a length where strands brush the nape of his neck, and golden skin that shines underneath the moonlight, the male looks ethereal yet eerily dangerous.