(2 : 4) Diagonally { 21 }

Start from the beginning

"B-But her sc-"

"Yes, she drew that on," Molly added.

"But it's not something you can just-"

"She's a good artist," Molly insisted and Gilderoy finally calmed down, still slight fear on his face. Then, he spotted Harry.

"Harry Potter!" He shouted.

The crowd parted, whispering excitedly. Mrs Weasley held me close, behind her as if she was hiding me.

Lockhart dived forward, seized Harry's arm and pulled him to the front. The crowd burst into applause. Harry's face burned as Lockhart shook his hand for the photographer, who was clicking away madly, wafting thick smoke over the Weasleys.

"Nice big smile, Harry," said Lockhart, through his own gleaming teeth. "Together, you and I are worth the front page." 

When he finally let go of Harry's hand, Harry could hardly feel his fingers. He tried to sidle back over to the Weasleys and me, but Lockhart threw an arm around his shoulders and clamped him tightly to his side.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he said loudly, waving for quiet. "What an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to make a little announcement I've been sitting on for some time!

When young Harry here stepped into Flourish and Blotts today, he only wanted to buy my autobiography – which I shall be happy to present him now, free of charge –" the crowd applauded again, "– he had no idea," Lockhart continued, giving Harry a little shake that made his glasses slip to the end of his nose, "that he would shortly be getting much, much more than my book, Magical Me. He and his school fellows will, in fact, be getting the real, magical me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have great pleasure and pride in announcing that, this September, I will be taking up the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!"

Harry was handed all of Gilderoy Lockharts works, and the man squinted his eyes into the crowd.

"And these for the young lady with you you," He said, handing Harry a second pile of books, the man still looked fearful.

The crowd cheered and clapped and I found myself being presented with the entire works of Gilderoy Lockhart. Staggering slightly under their weight, I managed to make my way out of the shadow of Mrs Weasley to the edge of the room, where Ginny was standing next to her new cauldron.

"You have these," I mumbled to her, tipping the books into the cauldron. "I'll buy my own –" I looked around, and my eyes spotted a certain platinum blond boy.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter?" said a voice I had no trouble recognising. I straightened up and found myself face to face with Draco Malfoy, who was wearing his usual sneer. Malfoy turned to me, picking up my hand and gently kissing it before I yanked it away in disgust.

"Hello, Y/n. it's good to see you again," He said before turning to Harry, who looked cross.

"Famous Harry Potter," Sneered Malfoy. "Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page."

"Leave him alone Draco, he didn't want all that," I said. Draco looked offended.

"Why're you always defending him?" Malfoy almost looked sad, he turned to Harry and sneered, "Can't even defend yourself, can you Potter? Always need the girl to save you, eh?"

"She has a name!" Said Ginny suddenly. It was the first time she had spoken in front of me. She was glaring at Malfoy.

"Y/n, you've got yourself a girlfriend!" Joked Malfoy. Ginny went scarlet as Ron and Hermione fought their way over, both clutching stacks of Lockhart's books.