(2 : 4) Diagonally { 21 }

Start from the beginning

"Y/n," Mr Weasley panted. "We hoped you'd only gone one grate too far ..." He mopped his glistening bald patch.

"Molly's frantic – she's coming now."

"Where did you come out?" Ron asked.

"Knockturn Alley," said Hagrid grimly.

"Brilliant!" said Fred and George together.

"We've never been allowed in," said Ron enviously.

"I should ruddy well think not," growled Hagrid.

"Where did you end up?" I asked Harry.

"Flimflam's lanterns in Horizont alley," said Harry, "I'm glad you're safe,"

Mrs Weasley now came galloping into view, her handbag swinging wildly in one hand, Ginny just clinging onto the other.

"Oh, Y/n – oh, my dear – you could have been anywhere –" Gasping for breath she pulled a large clothes brush out of her bag and began sweeping off the soot Hagrid hadn't managed to beat away.

Mr Weasley took my glasses, gave them a tap of his wand and returned them, good as new.

"Well, gotta be off," said Hagrid, who was having his hand wrung by Mrs Weasley ('Knockturn Alley! If you hadn't found her, Hagrid!'). "See yer at Hogwarts!" And he strode away, head and shoulders taller than anyone else in the packed street. 

As we headed for Flourish and Blotts, I filled Ron, Harry and Hermione in on what I heard at Borgin and Burke's. 

As we approached it, we saw to our surprise a large crowd jostling outside the doors, trying to get in. The reason for this was proclaimed by a large banner stretched across the upper windows:

'GILDEROY LOCKHART

will be signing copies of his autobiography

MAGICAL ME

today

12.30-4.30 pm'

The crowd seemed to be made up mostly of witches around Mrs Weasley's age. Harry, I, Ron and Hermione squeezed inside. A long queue wound right to the back of the shop, where Gilderoy Lockhart was signing his books.

We each grabbed a copy of Break with a Banshee and sneaked up the line to where the rest of the Weasleys were standing.

"We'll be able to see him in a minute ..." Gilderoy Lockhart came slowly into view, seated at a table surrounded by large pictures of his own face, all winking and flashing extremely fake white teeth at the crowd.

Gilderoy Lockhart looked up. He saw Ron – and then he saw me. He stared. The smug smile on his face was gone in an instant. He stared, not blinking, before rapidly rubbing his eyes as if to make sure he was seeing right. Then he leapt to his feet and whispered,

"It can't be..." He muttered.

"Y-Y-Y/n P-P-Potter!?!?" He asked, his face painted with a picture of dread and horror.

"What?"

"Y/n Potter!?"

"Old man, I'm no Potter," I said to him as he gulped, squirming slightly with a hint of fear on his face. Molly, instantly noticing that something was happening, quickly grabbed my arm and dragged me behind her.

"Y/n Potter!" he said, pointing to my figure as I disappeared into the crowd.

"Oh, she's just a big fan who looks a lot like her," Molly said quickly to Lockhart.