Chapter 27: Investigative

This chapter was written by EZRAisTHEBEST just after the final chapter of King of the Cell was released as part of an agreement since he didn't get a smut chapter.

Even though we couldn't really write one cause George's character was going through trauma because of something that happened in the book which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't read it.

Anyway, this is from Ezra
_________________________________________
Clay POV.

A notification sounded as I got a response from the message I sent the brunette and I clicked on it. He had sent a gif back, most likely with the assistance of Wilbur. It was a dog popping his head from around the corner with it also saying ‘hi’ at the bottom. I sent a message back asking the brunette how he was, but just after I pressed send I got another message.

This was from somebody that I knew about but had never interacted with myself. It was a TV company, and they sent those standard messages which would be used by most companies to send to millions of people at once, talking about anything from ads to scams. This instance it was not for millions of people, instead it was just for two people.

Our names were the first things on the message ‘Clay Smith and George Henry Davidson.’ It was a message asking for an interview with the two of us. Just the thought of it alone put me on edge, cause I recognised the sender from conversations with other celebrities.

This was a TV show from the UK called ‘The Backstage Celeb Show’. It was a talk show like a lot of others around, but while other talk shows focused on fun little anecdotes or talk for new tours, The Backstage Celeb Show was an investigative reporter show, focused on keeping up with celebrity gossip, and exposing celebrity scandals.

They had a lot of insider information from all sorts of people which they’d bring to light on the show. An ex-bodyguard talking about how an actor stole food from restaurants. A backstage manager explaining how a singer had stolen their songs and gotten away with it. A lawyer talking about a comedian messaging underage boys.

Part of me had always wanted to go on the show with Monica, since I hoped that they would be able to show the world that I was the one who was cheated on, and not her. It would be fairly simple anyway, just take a DNA sample from me and her kid then pull us on the show and reveal everything. However, other than that, I wanted nothing to do with it.

Many celebrities in the same social circles that I was, have talked about the show. Apparently the members of the ‘BC show’ (as it was nicknamed) included a group of private investigators and hackers, all of whom were very good at finding dirt on celebs. They’ll find a secret, message you, and if you didn’t then they’d tell you they’d release the secret.

And if they were messaging both myself and George then it was pretty obvious that it was about our relationship. Most likely they wanted to talk about our relationship. They’d call us on and in front of a live audience get us to talk about how we met and all that shit.

It was one of those shows which could be surprisingly fun if you knew that you had nothing to hide, but you wouldn’t even know you had something to hide when you were asked to go. The scary thing was that you would never know that you were the target of the BC show until you were on it.

You’d get a message from one of their many accounts, talking about how they wanted you on a completely made up show and the celebrity would go along thinking that it was just another talk show. The BC Show had several studios as well, you’d go to one of them and then when you were settled down they’d ask whatever hard controversial questions with a lie detector.

Occasionally to keep your suspicions low they’d bring in other celebrities, talk to all of you before sending the other two away to expose you. The only reason that I even knew about this was that I had a friend who was one of these other celebrities. Niki had gone on the show at one point, and I remember her telling me the name of the account that invited her.

I read it out in my mind, while also thinking about what George was most likely thinking as he read it himself. It wasn’t anything special, just asking if we were able to come in for an interview together in the next week or so. The message appeared simple enough when you read it, but if you looked under the surface you could barely see the forceful intent.

After reading it I thought for a moment, considering what to do. George wouldn’t have gotten involved with this type of thing before, so he would not know about this group, or what they would do. So after a few minutes of thinking over what I should do I called the brunette, and thankfully after a few rings he answered.

“Clay!” He greeted me eagerly. “Hi… did you also get that message from those people wanting an interview?”
“I did.” I nodded, despite knowing that he could not actually see me.
“So… should we do it?” He questioned in a quiet tone.

“I don’t think that you guys should.” A voice on George’s end of the phone stated, and I immediately realised that this must have been Wilbur, since I’ve never actually talked to him before, but I have seen him once or twice in photos or when I was in the bar.
“No, that wouldn’t work.” I answered.

“Why wouldn’t it?” Wilbur questioned. “George isn’t someone who likes the public eye. So why would he want to go on some kind of talk show for his love life?”
“I wouldn’t say love life.” George murmured from the other end of the phone. “We went on just a few dates. We aren’t dating or anything.”

I ignored the brunette’s words for now, even though the way he said them hurt. “The show that was behind the message is one known for exposing celebrity secrets, and they will do it whether George and I agree to go on or not.” I explained.

“Oh. I think I know the show you are talking about.” Wilbur said. “If you guys don’t come on willingly they’ll release your information anyway.”
“That’s what it seems like.” I agreed. “George, I don’t want you to do anything you are uncomfortable with, but these people have ways of finding everyone’s dirty secrets.”

“You have dirty secrets?” George questioned, his usual innocent tone putting a cute spin on the question.
“I don’t, but a lot of people do.” I explained. “And they have ways of finding them. I’m just worried that if we don’t go on, something that we do not want everyone to know will get told.”

“This doesn’t exactly feel legal…” George murmured, moving on from what I said about everyone’s secrets, I suspected it was because he didn’t have any dirty secrets.
“It isn’t legal, but a lot of people in the entertainment business pay off others to get around this stuff,” Wilbur explained.

“Well then what are we going to do?” The brunette asked. “I don’t have any secrets, plus how are they going to figure it out. But… Clay, if you think that we should then…”
“This is actually something better discussed in person.” I cut him off. “So maybe we should meet up at some point to talk about this.”

“How about tomorrow at my house? I am working in the evening but up until then I am good.” George offered, and after a moment of wondering if I had anything on then I nodded, despite him not being able to see it, responding with ‘it’s a date.’
_________________________________________
1351 words