13 - drunk as fuck

Start from the beginning

She, as usual sat further from the others, against the trunk of a thin tree, she scoffed down her food as fast as she could, ready to go see Kiri, she didn't know whether she was awake or not, she just needed to see her, with her own eyes, she needed confirmation that she was going to be ok.

She tossed her leaf aside and shot up, speed walking towards the Sullys pods, eager to see her friend but not knowing what to expect.

When she turned the corner into the pod she hesitated a second, subconsciously checking Lo'ak wasn't in there, she almost exhaled a sigh of relief when she saw only Neteyam with the girl.

Kiri smiled weakly, she was propped up again a leaf pillow, Neteyam was cross legged besides her holding a bowl of the leafy green fruits Lo'ak despised, which just so happened to be Kiris favourite, but they were fried and tossed in flower honey salt and small brown nuts.

"Ivy!" She exclaimed, but quietly, Ivy felt her worries wash away as she grinned and she strider forward to sit across Neteyam.

"How are you feeling?" Ivy asked quietly, Kiri responded with a sigh.

"Dunno I'm fine, just a little tired" her tone told Ivy she didn't want to talk about it, and Ivy understood that better than anybody.

She looked ups md around the Marui pod, expecting to see Neytiri hiding in the shadows, she hadn't expected the lady to leave her daughter, Jake could barely pry Neytiri away from Tuk when she has a cough "my dad had to drag her away to eat, she'll be back in like, two minutes tops" Neteyam told her already knowing what she was thinking.

"Ok" Ivy nodded gently, she wanted to keep the atmosphere quiet for Kiri, and sensed a lot of people would be overwhelming "I'll let you rest Kiri" Ivy squeezed her hand.

"Bye" Kiri called to her, mustering up all her enthusiasm, Ivy waved goodbye warmly but when she was out of sight her demeanour instantly dropped, this had been the worst days of her life, and yes apart from...that.

She knew everybody was just trying to hold it together, but her heart ached for her home.

Unfortunately she almost immediately bumped into Lo'ak, no matter what they kept running into eachother, how was that? There were so many winding paths through here, it was a maze, yet they kept ending up on the same one.

"Hi" Ivy broke the eye contact breathily.

"Did you just see Kiri?" He turned around, walking besides her.

"Yeah" Ivy shrugged awkwardly, but Lo'ak seemed relaxed, she looked uptight and anxious as normal, fiddling with her jewellery "when will she be ok again?"

Loak shrugged, they jumped down onto the sand banked "Norm said she needs rest, that everybody reacts differently, so who knows, could be days, weeks..."

Ivy nodded "hey did anyone tell you about the Kava thing?" She held in a laugh.

Lo'ak snorted "you too? They're saying Aonungs gonna try, I don't have much faith"

They countinued striding along the blooming shore "well if he does pull it off, are you gonna go?"

"Why, are you?" He smiled mischievously down at her, she pursed her lips to stop her grinning.