10 - dead dads and bad dads

IVY LOOKED UP TO LO'AK with wide eyes, who was equally as confused and intrigued.

She swallowed and moved forward with Lo'ak, plunging herself into the wavy water, hearing Lo'ak behind her.

Icy could already tell this wasn't a violent creature, she smiled as she made eye contact with it, it's eyes somehow looked...kind? How could an animals eyes look kind?

Lo'ak swam forward, grabbing onto its fin situated besides it pupil, Ivy followed behind him, listening to the echoing clicks it made underwater, which were strangely calming.

Lo'ak pulled her up onto the find and she crouched on it beside him, the sea animal rose above the water, Ivys head broke the surface as did its eye "your a tulkun" Lo'ak commented, Ivy tilted her head in confusion, how the fuck did he know what this was.

The animal cooed in reply, Ivy was getting the feeling that is understood them "they pulled me up to the surface when I was holding you" she whispered breathily to Lo'ak.

The boy turned to the tulkun "you saved our lives, thankyou" Lo'ak told the animal gratefully, relating it in sign launguage.

The animal spoke back, in clicks and noises "buddy I have no idea what you just said" Lo'ak laughed lightly, it's eyes flickered to the end of its fin.

Ivys lips parted when she noticed a harpoon, it was rusted, and metal, it was the sky people's, straight through the Tulkans fin, Ivys brows furrowed in anger, this thing was a peaceful creature.

"They hurt you?" Ivy whispered leaning over Lo'ak to look at the animal, Ivy noticed the pain in its eyes, pain this was no normal animal and Ivy could tell that now.

She slipped beneath the water to take a closer look at the ugly weapon, Lo'ak had attempted to pull it out from the top, Ivy broke the surface "down here" she told him before submerging once more.

He dove next it Ivy, observing the harpoon which Ivy had no idea how to unscrew, within a couple second Lo'ak worked it out and twisted it around, breaking the bottom off and letting it drop, Ivy raised to the surface and started to pull it out, Lo'ak who was embarrassingly much stronger than her helped.

He dropped it into the oceon, letting it sink down where it would rest forever, he crawled back up onto the Tulkun fin and pulled Ivy up, before turning to creature "friends?" He asked signing it as well.

The animals eyes widened, Ivy broke out in a grin when she realised she could detect the happiness in its clicks and eyes, Lo'ak laughed at it "that's right we're friends!"

All of a sudden the Tulkun submerged it's fin, which Ivy and Lo'ak had been sitting on, and water surrounded Ivy once more, she broke back up to the surface, but realised the fin was coming back down ontop of her and she squealed giggling while Lo'ak spoke "woah woah! Bro!"

She took a breath and she was back under the water immersed in the vast blue, air bubbles decorating it, Lo'ak checked she was ok before looking at the animal, who had mischief painted all over his eyes.

Lo'ak raised his hands in conclusion, the large animal clicked and swayed its tail, pushing it through the water, Ivy could now fully marvel at its magnificence.

The Tulkun did a 360 before returning back to them, and holding out its fin, as if it was an hand, Ivy beamed and swam forward, grabbing onto it, she could see Lo'ak coming up beside her, holding onto the more outer part of the fin.

Then it swayed its tail, and shot forward, if Ivy was above the surface she'd be giggling in joy, it felt like the most magical thing ever, she felt like she was flying.