7 - shells

THE PART VEYTANIKAN GIRL HAD barely slept, drifting in and out of concience hoping the calming sound of the moonlit waves lapping the sand would bring her some ease of mind.

Now the day had brightened Ivy gathered all her strength from her combined two or three hours of sleep to push herself up, she would of loved to sleep in and relax, but she didn't like being alone with her thoughts and no distractions.

She moved her tangly hair out of her face and rolled over and over till she got to the exit, how graceful.

The cut on her collarbone was healing well and quickly, though it would leave a scar.

She yawned and stood up, letting her feet connect with Pandora once again and breathing the crisp morning air.

Pins and needles dances through her feet while she stomped them out heading directly for—

She has no clue where she was going.

She looked back and forth betweeen, the nets, the oceon, and the tropical forest behind her she had yet to explore.

The answer was very obvious.

She turned on her heel and set confidently set off straight towards the forest, her heat beating with excitement.

"Ivy!" A voice called from beside her called, she halted in her tracks and turned to see a cheerful (as usual) Tsireya smiling and waving, Lo'ak standing behind her.

Had they been hanging out? Why were they always together? It seemed to Ivy like they were never apart

Ivys ears flattened down and she gave the forest looming on the tall mountain above her one last look before changing her direction towards the two.

"Good morning" Tsireya greeted kindly and Ivy tiredly nodded back "today we are going to be focusing on our sign language, our main form of underwater communication"

Ivy nodded and moved up to beside the girl as she started leading the two from the forest back to the nets "Rotxo and, maybe Aonung will be helping"

"Is it hard to learn?" Ivy asked massaging her hands together and fidgeting with her jewlerry.

"I don't think so" Tsireya shrugged "but then again, I was learning it since birth, so my experience is very different from yours"

Ivy nodded and followed Tsireya and Lo'ak through the winding roots and nets to the Metkayinas homes towards Rotxo who was yet again without Aonung but with Kiri, Neteyam and Tuk.

"Where is my brother?" Tsireya stepped up to them tilting her head, her long and luscious hair elegantly swaying with her movements.

Rotxo sighed "I tried to get him to come"

Tsireya nodded, used to her brothers unreliable behaviour, but still dissapointed, she turned back to Ivy and Lo'ak "let's go!"

Tsireya strided forward leading the group while Ivy tried to imagine how somebody could be so perfect, she had now realised how she was slightly jealous of the pretty girl.

The Metkayinas led them to a small bunch of rockpools a little way down the beach, Ivy sat letting her feet dangle above the water while she tapped her finger on the rocks repeatedly.

Lo'ak sat down right next to her, and everyone else mimicked her actions, letting their legs dangle off into the water below.

"Ok, let's begin!"

The sign launguage of the Metyayina was indeed proving to be difficult, Tsireya was very precise with her instructions, Ivy could imagine if Aonung was here he would be getting angry at her repetitive mistakes.