9 - adrenaline

IVY FOLLOWED AONUNG OUTSIDE THE reef.

It was choppy out there, roaring larger waves than Ivy had ever seen, she couldn't imagine what it would be like in a storm.

She felt the warm sun dancing along her Ivy skin and as she dived in and out of the water on her Ilu she observed the vast blue abyss, seemingly endless beneath her, the depth and uncertainty giving her an uneasy feeling.

She listened to the cheers of the boys, she to had so admit, diving over these big waves was pretty fun, she willed her Ily up and out of the water, launching of her and spinning through the air before grabbing back on and resubmerging.

She went slightly lower below the water, noticing it was much colder down there, she watched the beams of rays that shone into the navy nothingness.

She swam up, her Ilu propelling her up and out of the water, she glided through the air over Lo'ak when she noticed an Island in the distance.

"Keep up cave girl" she heard Aonung and rolled her eyes at the stupid nickname.

Three rocks, tall and powerful looming over the oceon, she assumed that was where they were going.

She was right, as the water got shallower and shallower and she left the terrifying depth, the abscene transformed into a bustling world of coral and fish once more.

Birds littered sky skies and there was more life than at the village, presumably from the less disturbance.

Ivy must admit, it was fun, being able to twist and turn as much as she wanted through the water with no obstacles, the salty wind battering her face and cool water keeping her alert.

"You lived!" A boy commented laughing and Ivys smile immediately dropped when she remembered they were there as well.

"That was insane cuz!" Lo'ak called out of breath while Ivy shook the water out of her hair and off her lashes, Aonung smiled to his friends, seriously how could Lo'ak not catch on.

"Come in, I know a good spot" Aonung snarkily told him while his friends laughed.

"This way, I know a good spot" Aonung told them, nodding to his friends who had snarky smiles painted all over them.

Ivy was fed up now, they were going to do something stupid and hurt Lo'ak she wasn't conecernee about being subtle anymore as she watched the others boys mischievous eyebrow raises.

Why were some people so cruel.

She opened her mouth only to yell in annoyance once more as she had just missed her opportunity, Lo'ak had dived down again "for fucks sake" she sighed and plunged beneath the surface.

Ivy saw as the boys disconnected their queues, as did she, letting her Ilu swim off with the others she paddles down besides Lo'ak who had been watching her and waiting, she brought her hands up to start to sign something when the boy turned to Aonung, Ivy wanted to yell out in frustration.

"Call the fish" Aonung signed, Ivy turned around to the two boys watching behind with smiles, and back to Lo'ak who had nodded and swam forward, holding his hand against the textured coral and eyeing the larger fish.

Ivy glided down beside him to get a better look as Lo'ak used his throat to call them.

As a fish swimmer closer, thick and silver she brought her hand up to point at it, Lo'ak obeyed and shot the arrow, to Ivys surprise he actually hit it, against the blueness of the ocean the blood looked purple, the same shade as Ivys blush as it seeped out like poison in billows of clouds.

The rest of the fish scattered as the shot one began to sink, Ivy observed how Lo'aks ears popped up and he smiled, for some reason she as well did, he turned back, Ivy saw his ears drop and went to see what had happened.