It's nice to see them under better circumstances, give them a day or two to see the place and really get to meet your new clan.

————————————————

"Look, I really don't want to sour the mood." Norm starts, and dinner hasn't even finished yet with the family. "—however, there's a lot going on, and I hate to ask for help — but I'm going to need it."

"Worst we can do is say no, right?" You offer. "Try us."

"What's going on, Norm?" Jake adds himself to the conversation and drops the rope he was working on.

Norm looks away for a moment, and sucks in a sharp breath of air as he looks out of the pod and toward Lia as she sits with the other kids.

Clearly already stressed about something.

"You know how the other scientists went with the surrender the RDA offered? Before we fully moved to high camp in the mountains?"

"Of course, I'd never forget it. Not after Jake blew the refinery and their batch of unobtanium."

"Well, we know Dr.Kleiner went so he could finish up those research books you, Grace, and I put together."

"And? Did something happen to him?"

"No. He's okay. He's headed back with the RDA to earth last I heard." Norm informs. "However, we were going through the things he left.. and among them, he left a letter behind.
Which is why I'm here, so to speak."

"A letter?" You ask, curiously. "What did it say?"

"I actually brought it-" Norm digs into the pocket on his vests left breast, and hands you the piece of paper.

It's slightly stained from coffee, and has some ink smudges. Not too out of character for Dr.Kleiner.

It's a long note, but the main point is that he plans on leaving a copy of his credentials behind and slipping you in as an authorized user. Apparently, that was his intention all along. Gain their trust, surrender, join this fight from the other side.

You can only hope they didn't catch him, which is probably best to say that the only trace of this is.... Here.

You hand it to Jake, and turn back to Norm.
"Wouldn't they change his credentials when he's back on board?" You ask, confused.

"Yes.
But you are an authorized user regardless. Only he can access that permissions part since he's so high up, and I doubt the bitch-general we've seen before would know how it works."

"I wonder why he left it in a note and didn't just tell us before he left."

"Probably because he needed a time buffer. It makes the most sense. He had it hidden pretty deep under his old stacks of papers."

"So what is it you need help with? How can I be of service?"

He eyes Jake the strongest, knowing he's more likely to protest the idea he brings up.
"Hells Gate.
The RDA is still in control of what's left of it, however, there are many areas unused. They've shifted everything they can to bridgehead, and moved what else is available and running.
Although... they do still have hells gate linked to their main systems."
He turns to face your husband with a pleading gleam in his eye.
"We need to go out there, see what we can get from their updated files.
Figure out what's going on with earth, what's going on with bridgehead, and what their plans are regarding you in the future.
If I can get in, get her to use the pass she's been given — I'll grab whatever I can, and I'll be out in ten minutes flat."