10 year olds

➡️If you guys didn't read the last ending message in the previous chapter, this is the FIRST TIME JUMP of the story. This book will have multiple time jumps so in this chapter, Miles and Jezzabelle are TEN YEAR OLDS (5 years later basically)⬅️

Miles

"Get your ass up and do it again!" My father shouts for the thousandth time.

"I can't" I wheeze out, trying to catch my breath.

"I'm sorry what was that?" He sarcastically questions before throwing another hard kick to my side.

Listening to my heart beating a thousand beats per minute through my ears as I try to catch my breath, I let out another wince when I realize my ribs were aching along with my chest. Another hard aim to my body and I was for sure going to end up in the pack hospital again.

Another excruciating training day with my father. Meaning, another day going by with him kicking my ass until I almost pass out from the damage.

"Get up! You think your enemies will wait for you to catch your breath?! Get your ass up!"

If it was any other father cursing out a ten year old, people would probably think this was child abuse. But since we're wolves, especially being the alpha and the next alpha to be, this was pretty much another normal day in our lives.

Forcing myself up to my feet, I stand tall as best as I could before getting thrown across the large sand box my father trains all the male wolves in the back yard of our pack house.

"That's all you got?! Are you even my son?!" He chastises while stomping towards me with the angry look I knew wasn't gonna end well with me.

"Get your ass up! You know what happens when you fuck up during training" He reminds me with a glare.

Nodding my head in defeat, I let out a groan as he drags me by the back of my neck. Peering up between the dripping sweat falling from my drenched hair stuck to my forehead, I winced at the sight of the staff in the pack house once again witnessing my fathers way of disciplining me.

"Alpha please! He's just a child!" The sound of my elderly nanny crying out to my father made me drop my head in shame.

I knew all the staff in our pack house disagreed fully with the way my father disciplined and treated me on the regular, but just like the rest of the others in our pack, they were to scared to say anything to my father.

My father was a scary man which I knew first handedly but once in a while my nanny and uncle would try to fight and argue with my father over his actions. He never listens of course but he'd sometimes go easier on me when it came to my uncle.

My uncle was my fathers only living relative now and adding the fact that he's his older was also more likely why he did go easier on me when he's around. My father was a scary man but his older brother was always up for putting him in his place when it came down to who the stronger wolf was.

The only reason why my uncle never took the position of alpha was because he had a different mother. My dad on the other hand had taken the role of alpha due to being my grandfathers son with his mate.

The law in our hierarchy was that only the oldest child of blood from both the alpha and Luna of the pack becomes the next alpha. My grandfather was already alpha before meeting my grandma but unlike most wolves, he didn't wait for his mate to have his way with women after getting such a powerful role at only 18.