A Reason for Tears

((Experienced writer's block, now I'm back, bitches.))

He felt a little empty at the feeling of the wind in his face and over his wings. He would have liked to be able to feel during his first chance to fly, but it seemed his emotions had chosen to shut off for that. What a shame.

Oh well. Couldn't stop the fact that flying was cool. He didn't need emotions to know that.
…Being a dragon still felt weird, though.
He still had his arms, sure, but they felt.. smaller. Or maybe he was bigger. How did he even change so quickly? The last thing he remembered before passing out was pain and a sense of wrongness. Even now he didn't feel quite right. Everything was heavy and off.

Flapping harder, Fresh noted each and every wobble of his unsteady wings. He was currently small, very small. His wings were broad, but not very long. He felt.. for lack of a better word, gangly. He wasn't sure how much the others had this feeling. It was jarringly obvious with how new everything was, but it made him wonder if he would have noticed it had the changes come slowly, like he'd heard they were supposed to.

Slowly, one of the dragons slid back to glide beside him. The woolly howl, Fluffy. Or.. whatever his real name was.
"Do you.. always talk like that?" He hesitantly asked.
Fresh knew precisely what he meant.
"Yeah, Brah. I like it."

"Why? It's confusing and weird."
To that, he shrugged, huffing as he flapped to catch up with the rest- he was notably slower. Error quickly noticed, moving to his other side.
"I can, uh, carry you again." He offered without really looking.
"Broski, ya don't need to make your glitches worse cuz I'm slow."

Reddish eyes finally locked on him with a hint of concern. "You were bleeding." Error pointed out.
"Innit normal, though?" Fresh argued easily, briefly glancing at the now silent dragon on his other side, watching with heterochromatic eyes.
"I don't know." Error admitted. "Just.. aren't you tired or something?"
"Nah." He lied, pounding new wings to at least get closer to the group that was getting ahead- even as they slowed down for him. If he could have felt anything in the moment, he likely would have been embarrassed.

"I think he's worried because you're small and really young." The large stranger reminded them of his presence behind them in a surprisingly melodic voice.
"You know nothing about me." Error snipped back, but didn't deny. Fresh hadn't missed that.
"I'm not that little, dawg." He replied- partly to defend his brother's pride and partly out of fact. He was thirteen.

Fluffy just let out a slight groan to disagree, eyeing his wings.
"You're thin." The giant newcomer then noted.
"Though I suppose that makes sense, if you were just bones before. Though I know what color changer bones look like, and you didn't really look like them. What were you before anyway?"

"We were skeletons." Error huffed irritably, wobbling slightly as he flew closer to Fresh.
He ended up swinging awkwardly away to avoid clipping wings as Death crooned in excitement.
"All of you? Just bones?"
"No, I hatched as a birdback, the fledges are the only ones like that." Fluffy argued.
"Awww.."

"Why so.. disappointed, Brah? Dere's plenty of us.. to go around." Fresh pointed out between huffs, squinting at the island ahead in search of anything that resembled the cave he was familiar with.
"... You're sure you're okay?" Fluffy asked instead, concerned, watching him flutter.

They all blinked as something flashed cerulean up ahead with a yelp, the skrill suddenly dipping and wobbling ahead of them. Fresh recognized the light.
"Oh! Deccy? Where's he been?"
"Oh fuck we forgot Decan." Error realized in dismay.
"He can appear wherever he wants, why did we have to carry him?" Fluffy pointed out.

"Well he's bad.. at it." Fresh wheezed out.
"Fucking hell, just stop flapping, you dumbass." Error snapped.
"Why?"
"So you can glide. Like a kite. Even I know that. Cave's there, see?" He jabbed a clawed finger downwards and Fresh followed it, lighting up at the sight of a dark hole in a rockface. He immediately tilted towards it, regarding the other dragons as they fell into a low spiral up ahead.