Chapter 11 - 🛝🍦 (1000 Reads)

——————————————————

——————————————————

"I'm going to a convenience store. Do you want anything?" Ni-ki got up and grabbed his a hoodie along with his keys.

"I'll come with you."

He was about to lock the door before he remembered, "I need to grab something. You can wait down stairs."

"Well get on with it then." Iseul walked down the stairs and waited in the lobby. She took out her phone to pass the time. Within just a minute she could feel his presence and started walking without looking up. These trips were pretty frequent, so she knew the way by heart.

They arrived within ten minutes and quickly took their pick. Two triangle kimbaps, two cup ramens, shrimp and honey butter chips for Iseul, and bungeoppang for Ni-ki. They also picked out an ounce of strawberry cheesecake ice cream. They brought it to the counter and Ni-ki pulled out his card. "You're paying? Odd."

Ni-ki gave her a funny look, "When have I not paid for you? And did you even bring money?"

Iseul thought for a moment and realized he did always pay without her noticing. She even subconsciously forgot her wallet when Ni-ki said he would tag along. "No, but it's still weird. You don't seem like the kind of person to pay for me."

Ni-ki was highly offended to say the least. The way she said it so frankly made it even worse. He muttered under his breath, "it's not like I want to. Mom would kill me if I didn't. I'm pretty sure she loves you more than me."

"It's not like she's here right now. She would never find out." Ni-ki just rolled his eyes and walked out behind her.

Ni-ki tugged on her sleeves, "Can we go to the park? Just for a little bit?"

"You're five times bigger than those kids. You'll scare them away." Ni-ki stared right into her eyes and pouted like a kid.

She sighed and said, "Fine, but you only get ten minutes."

He Mario-jumped and exclaimed, "Yes!"

He handed her the messenger bag he was carrying while she sat down on a bench. Iseul didn't remember him wearing the bag when they were leaving, so he must've grabbed it when he went up the second time. He immediately ran to the monkey bars and breezed through it. The little girl next to him watched in awe.

She was far too young to reach the tall bars, but Ni-ki still asked, "You wanna try?" She vigorously nodded her head. He scooped her up and brought her up to where she could hold the bars with her hands. He moved up and down to imitate the feeling for her. At the end he set her down on the raised platform connected to the playset. He was struck by cuteness and fell to the ground seeing the girl so happy.