Chapter 9 - 🎮

——————————————————

——————————————————

Currently, Iseul was stationed underneath Ni-ki's massive desk while he was playing some fps game. Iseul wasn't in Ni-ki's room much, but she still needed have her own corner to hang out in whenever she was there.

To others, the space under his desk would not seem like prime real estate, but it was Iseul's cozy little den. Ni-ki had led lights under before, so Iseul replaced it with fairy lights to match. She added a few blankets, a pillow, and a few stuffed animals. It was a little cramped, but his pc kept her warm.

She was munching on the only thing in his kitchen, which happened to be a baby cucumber and some hopefully not expired cashews. They needed to go shopping soon.

Ni-ki on the other hand was completely focused on winning the game with Heeseung and Jake. There were only ten people left, Heeseung was already dead. He heard some rustling below his feet and noticed Iseul leaving. He was going to ask where she was going, but Jake screaming for help brought him back to the game. Within a few minutes, he won the game being the last one standing. He let out a whoop and bragged to Heeseung and Jake about how he was the reason they won.

He ducked his head under the table to tell Iseul, but remembered she wasn't there. He found it annoying not being able to fully push in his chair, but he didn't complain and eventually got used to it. He also wondered why she liked the tiny, dark space near him when he had the whole rest of the room that was mostly empty.

He quickly told Heeseung and Jake that he was going to take a break and left before they could say anything.

"Iseuulllll," he called out. He then got a text from her reading, "Extreme hide and seek! You have three minutes to find me. If you don't find me, then you have to buy me snacks for the month. If you find me, then you get one wish from me. Terms and conditions apply. No take-backsies."

"Come out, come out wherever you are."

Ni-ki walked around for a minute before heading into Iseul's mother's room. He could feel Iseul's presence next to her big bed.

"Boo!" Ni-ki jumped behind Iseul and started tickling her. She burst out in laughter while trying to get away from Ni-ki's grasp.

"Ok, ok you win! Just let me breathe." He retracted his hands and also started laughing. "That's not fair. Tickling is just legal torture. Just because I was laughing doesn't mean it was enjoyable."

"I thought you were enjoying it. As a matter of fact, you're smiling right now."

Iseul rolled her eyes and said, "That's besides the point."

"So I get a wish, right?"

"What wish?"

"Don't act dumb. You said that if I could find you, then I would get a wish."

"Terms and conditions apply. No take-backsies. Yes, yes. Just quickly tell me your wish."

———

"Your shoulder is the perfect head rest. I'm such a genius." Iseul was sitting on Ni-ki's lap while bear-hugging on his gaming chair. Since his hands were at the perfect height around her waist, this allowed Ni-ki to freely game while also remaining comfortable.

"Don't get a big head. I do know something that will make you a genius."

"What?"

"Shutting up. I'm going to sleep." She snuggled into him. Her cold nose sent goosebumps to Ni-ki's neck.

"Goodnight!" Jake yelled for Iseul to hear.

To Ni-ki's surprise, she fell asleep within the next few minutes, light snores coming from her nose. He had started a new game with Heeseung and Jake. "I won't be able to talk this round. Iseul's sleeping."

Heeseung replied, "You can just whisper into your mic. Even if she's sleeping on the bed, she won't hear. It's not like she's right on top of you."

"Well... she kinda is."

It was silent for a moment before Jake asked, "What do you mean by that?"

"How else do I explain it? She is quite literally sleeping on top of me. Like sleeping in my arms, dreaming." Iseul shifted slightly but was still asleep.

"And if I keep talking, then she'll wake up. So I'm turning off my mic." He clicked mute and cut off his friends' burning questions.

——————

Word Count: 858 words
Published: March 5, 2023

A/N: Sorry this chapter took longer to be put out and it was a smaller one with less than 1000 words. The reason for this is because I have been so busy with life and I have also been starting a new fiction. It's not guaranteed to come out, but I like the concept I have so far!

QotC: Do any of you play computer games?

I literally have no idea how to play any shooter games. I've played a few other games like Minecraft and Slime Rancher but I have a feeling those don't count.

Go drink a cup of water and do some exercise. Make sure to eat well!

——————————————————

——————————————————