Chapter 10 - ❄️

——————————————————

——————————————————

Iseul and Ni-ki were separated for once in their life, since Iseul had to study and Ni-ki had scheduled a gaming marathon with Jungwon. Jungwon was usually busy being a straight-A student, so plans had to be made beforehand.

Ni-ki was in the middle of a round when the lights around the apartment all shut down. Since the wi-fi was down, he was also kicked out of the game.

"Jungwon, I think the power went out. It booted me off, so you'll have to play by yourself."

"Nooooo. We planned this for weeks. You can't just leave!"

"It's okay. Just play with someone else. I bet Jay is willing to."

"Jay hates games."

"Correct, but he likes you. That's probably enough. Alright bye."

"Wai-" Jungwon was cut off by Ni-ki ending the call. He quickly grabbed his hoodie and phone and headed next door. Before he could knock, the door was opened by Iseul. She too, had a jacket and was on the phone with someone.

"Yeah I'm okay. Yes, Riki's fine too. We will be okay by ourselves. Alright. See you later. I love you too."

"Was that mom?"

"Mhm. She's at her friend's house. I told her to stay there since they still have power."

"And she agreed?"

"Nope. A tree fell in their front yard and she couldn't get out. She's forced to be there. I told her we'll be fine."

"We will?" Iseul rolled her eyes, pulled him in the house, and closed the door. How much charge in your phone?"

"45."

"Mine is at 69. We probably shouldn't use them too much." Ni-ki snorted at the number. Iseul sighed in response.

It was clear that the hvac was also down since the room was considerably colder than before. It didn't help that it was 30 degrees outside that day.

"Blanket fort! We have to make a blanket fort." Iseul was about to say no when Ni-ki spoke again, "Please please please please. It's been way too long since our last blanket fort."

He was right. If had been a long time since they constructed a blanket fort and it would create some warmth. It also reminded Iseul of when they were kids.