Chapter 16: Finally

Start from the beginning

"Don't get hurt, Jaydie." Kaela patted Jayden on the back. 

"I won't." Jayden assured the worried girl. 

"Are you going to see Trishie? She's on duty today..." Kaela wondered. 

"I should. See you very soon, little fighter." Jayden waved. 

~

"Oh my goodness..." Tricia jumped as she spotted a figure in her office.

"Sorry for intruding when you weren't here..." Jayden turned around at Tricia's voice. 

"What are you doing here? I mean...not that I don't want to see you but..." Tricia gasped. 

"I came to be accountable." Jayden stood up. 

"Accountable?" Tricia was confused. 

"I'm going to bring Kaela's friends back tomorrow. And...I wanted to see you and Kaela before that." Jayden confessed. 

"You missed me?" Tricia teased. 

"I...think I would?" Jayden was embarrassed. 

"How long would you take?" Tricia asked. 

"Hopefully less than 3 days?" Jayden replied. 

"Will it be risky?" Tricia was worried. 

"I promised Kaela to bring her friends to her safe and sound." Jayden sucked his breath in. 

"Promise me that you'll be safe and sound too? I really don't want to see you in my ER..." Tricia placed a hand on Jayden's arm. 

"I'll try my best to be in time for your birthday. What do you want for your birthday?" Jayden rested his hand on Tricia's hand. 

"I don't want anything but for you to be safe." Tricia looked at Jayden. 

"That's all?" Jayden smiled. 

"That's more than enough." Tricia nodded. 

"I might be a little late though..." Jayden frowned. 

"I'll wait for you. I'm on duty that night anyways...but please don't come on a stretcher." Tricia pouted.

"I'll try to." Jayden poked Tricia's dimples. 

"You'd better." Tricia pinched Jayden's cheeks gently. 

"I've got to head back to the station..." Jayden sighed. 

"Take care." Tricia tip-toed to give Jayden a good luck kiss on the cheek. 

"Wait for me." Jayden pressed a kiss to Tricia's forehead. 

~

"We'll go in on my count." Det. Torres gave an order. 

"Yes Sir." The team and their backup replied. 

"3, 2, 1. Now!" Det. Torres gave the go ahead. Alex and Sabrina headed straight for the room where the children were while Jayden lead another team to the room opposite. 

"Police! Put your hand where I can see them!" Jayden kicked down the door and ambushed the small team that oversaw the hideout. 

"Run!" The leader of the team called out as the team started scattering. The leader himself grabbed the toddler in the cot next to them and bolted.

"You guys take the rest, I'll take the leader." Jayden ordered and the team started moving accordingly. 

"Alex, update on the children." Jayden yelled into his earpiece as he ran after the escaping leader.