205-206

Show menu

Novel

Imperial Commander: His Pretty Wife Is Spoiled Rotten

Chapter 205 - The Tide Turned

IMPERIAL COMMANDER: HIS PRETTY WIFE IS SPOILED ROTTEN

C205 - The Tide Turned

Playvolume00:00/00:44TruvidfullScreen

Chapter 205: The Tide Turned

Seeing the noodle shop owner, Yun Xi was slightly caught off guard. She hadn’t expected the female shop owner to come to the school.

“Madame, you have to continue applying the medicine for its full course.”

“Ah, I’ll remember that.” The lady gazed at her gratefully, then stuffed a large bag of things and a red envelope into her hand.

“These are some pastries and breakfast we’ve just prepared. We have a small business so there’s not much we can repay you with. Don’t laugh…”

Looking at the stuff in her hand, Yun Xi quickly pushed them away.

“Madame, you are too courteous. Me helping you was just a chance occurrence. It wasn’t a doctor’s visit. I can’t accept this.”

“No, you have to keep it. We are sincerely grateful.”

“I accept your gratitude, but I really can’t accept these things.”

Since the two of them were getting nowhere, Yun Xi pushed away the red envelope and accepted breakfast. “Then I will accept this, because I didn’t eat breakfast yet. I can’t accept the red envelope, otherwise I won’t go to your store to eat noodles in the future.”

Seeing how insistent she was, the lady nodded. “Then you are welcome to come frequently.”

“Okay! I will see your son another day to make sure that there are no side effects.”

“Okay. Thank you! I’ll be heading back now because I have to take my child to school.”

As soon as the female shop owner had left, Xiang Yuanjiu leaned over. “Hey, since you’ve accepted the gift from the female shop owner, you should accept my gifts as well, right?”

“No! I’m not going to accept it or else people will think that I have some sort of relationship with you. Do you want my name to be forever smeared? If you want to repay me, don’t pester me and stay away from me.”

“Okay, I’ll go away.”

Not wanting to cause her any more trouble, Xiang Yuanjiu nodded, waved his hand, and led his two underlings away.