Chapter Thirteen

I felt claustrophobic for only a second before I stepped into Nando's. They made sure none of the paparazzi got in. I looked at my phone to see a text from Perrie. 

From: PerrieXx

On my way. Sorry, the traffic is crazy.

I smiled and quickly replied,

To: PerrieXx

No hurry, love. I have all afternoon. And heads up, the paps are outside and they are going crazy. (:

It was at least fair that I would warn her. They would be all over her too. A waiter brought me a glass of water. I took a quick sip and then opened up twitter on my phone. A quick glance at what's trending made me smile. 

What's Trending?

#CongratsNiallAndDestiny

#Niall'sTaken

#DirectionWedding

I giggled a bit. I closed out of twitter and looked up just in time to see Perrie walking into the room. She was gorgeous, of course. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. She always made it look so easy. I stood up quickly and we hugged. Then we sat down and began talking.

"How have you been?" I questioned her. It's been months since we last talked. The only time I ever heard from Perrie was when she was interviewed and I read it. 

"Busy, ya'know? Life's been real crazy the past few months. We've been working on a new album and we are planning a new music video," she said, smiling, "More importantly how have you been?"

"Great. Busy of course but I'm not complaining. Between going to school, recording, cleaning a house every single day, and keeping the boys in order, it has gotten pretty crazy."

I smiled and took a drink of my water. The waiter came and took out our orders. 

I took on a more serious expression as I asked the next question. "How have you been ever since everything that happened?"

I saw her face fall a bit. "I miss him, Destiny. I honestly do. I finally found a boy that I loved more than anything in the world. He was my world. The littlest things happen and I still want to tell him because I loved the way he actually cared. I miss the random surprises. I miss feeling loved. I really love Zayn. And I don't think I will ever get over him."

I looked down at the table and swallowed hard. "I'm sorry, Perrie."

She reached out and laid her hand on top of mine. "It's not your fault. I know you didn't make him like you. It was his choice. Sure, I was a little upset about him liking you but I know you didn't make that decision."

I looked her in the eyes, "It doesn't make you want to hate me? He was your world. And then I came along and he broke up with you because he thought he had a chance with me. He never really did because of Niall. Nothing could ever really break us up. I love Zayn. I really do, a lot. But not like that."

She leaned forward and I say the key necklace slip out of her shirt where it had been tucked, so it didn't swing everywhere. "I've never blamed you and I could never hate you."

"You still wear it?" I asked her. Zayn had given it to her for their anniversary right after I started dating Niall. Zayn told Perrie it was because she had the key to his heart. A few weeks later they broke up.

"Yeah, it reminds me of him. It's really all I have left," she answered. The waiter brought our food and we began to eat. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the screen. Zayn was calling me. "Sorry, Perrie," I whispered and then answered the phone.

"Hey Zayn," I answered.

"Hey, are you busy?" he replied.

"Sort of but she'll understand," I told him.

"Who?" he asked. 

"Just a friend. What's going on?" 

"I think I'm going to ask Perrie to be my date to the wedding," he said, sounding a little unsure of himself.

"That's great. I'm sure she would love to be your date for the wedding. Just call her and ask her now," I answered, smiling. I looked up and saw Perrie's face fall a little. She thought I was talking about a different girl. She thought he was going to ask some other girl to be his date. 

"You really think she would say yes?" he asked.

"Of course, now call her," I rushed him.

"Okay, bye. I love you."

"Love you too," I said as I heard the phone line disconnect.

"That was Zayn?" Perrie asked, her voice cracking a bit.

"Uh, yeah. He needed relationship advice," I said, smiling slightly, not wanting to give him away.

"I bet she's pretty," Perrie replied, slowly stirring her drink with her straw.

"She's gorgeous. I don't think I have ever met a prettier girl in my life," I admitted. Perrie looked like she was about to cry and I felt really bad. But I smiled as her phone rang. She answered without looking at the screen. Silence. "Zayn?" she asked him. Surprise crossed her face.

"Of course I will. Oh my gosh," she said excitedly. Then she looked up at me, "Oh my gosh, Destiny. I'm going to kill you."

I smiled a little. "You kill me and then you guys won't have a wedding to go to. No dates for you," I teased her. They finished their conversation. 

"You were really upset about that, weren't you?" I asked her. 

She smiled and blushed a bit. "I thought you were being serious and he was actually asking someone else out. And then you went and told me how pretty she was. I was jealous." 

"She is pretty. I was just being honest," I said, "I hope everything works out with you guys. I really do. I miss having you in the family. 

"Thanks," she said and I could see the smile was going to be pasted across her face for a lot of days. 

We said goodbye and as I drove home I thought about how maybe we could all fix everything. We could make this family whole again. Niall and I would be married. Dani and Liam were spending a lot of time together, I suppose they will be the next to get engaged. Lou and Eleanor have been working things out. Zayn and Perrie were getting back together. And Harry is still being the cupcake of the family. 

I love these people more than anything. And now I was going to spend the rest of my life with them. I could really have a great life. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

This chapter was more of a filler. It was fun to write though. I hope you all like it. Here are the links for the girls' outfits...

http://www.polyvore.com/destinys_outfit/set?id=74963901

http://www.polyvore.com/perries_outfit/set?id=74954155

And as always....

Stay Beautiful xoxo