Chapter 14

"Hey you're Phil right?" I looked up. I was walking out of the university that held our art classes. "Uh I am." "Hi. I'm Carrie. This is PJ, Adam and Wirrow. You looked kind of lonely. Would you like to come get a coffee with us?"

"Uh sure." They smiled at me and I smiled sheepishly back. I followed them down into the city, and into a nice looking Starbucks. I've never been here. It smells amazing. I didn't want to say I haven't been here before, so you can tell I was freaking out.

"Hi. May I take your order?" A nice looking guy chirps and then smiles sweetly at me. "Uh yeah, can I have an iced passion tango tea please?" "Course. What size?" "Tall." That's the smallest one right?

It was thankfully. I told him my name and then paid. I sat with those 4 and waited. They were all chatty and I was nervous. After I got my drink, I pulled out my phone to check Dan's texts.

"So. You new to London?" "Uh yeah. I am." "That's cool. How old are you?" "16." They looked at me. "16? And you wear an engagement ring and a wedding band? You're not married?" PJ asked me. "I am married. It was an arranged marriage between my family and their family."

"Arranged marriage? Those still happen?" Carrie questioned. "Apparently." Adam mumbled. I blushed, sinking into myself. 'Do you have plans for tonight?' Dan texted me. 'Do I ever have plans at night?'

I responded. "Where are you originally from?" "The poor part of Rossendale." "Oh. That explains how skinny you are. How long have you and this person been married?" "Since February." They nodded.

"That sucks. I would hate that. You have to marry someone just because, not someone you love." I shrugged. "The man I married is very sweet and spoils me. I didn't like it at first but I realized that this man is very nice and is trying everything he can to make me comfortable."

I blushed and Carrie aw'd. "That's good I guess." I nodded, taking a sip of my tea. 'We have another dinner party. It's gonna be smaller though.' 'Alright. I'll be home in 20 minutes.' "Listen. I got to go. You guys are so lovely and I appreciate the kind gesture to invite me here with you."

"Of course. Here. Let me get your number. We need to hang out more." Carrie said excitedly. I grabbed her phone and typed my number in. She said she'd give it to other guys since I have to leave. I thanked her and them again and walked out.

The dinner was more of a small party. The attire was casual and the party was relaxed.

"Phil!" I turned around and came face to face with Aaron. I smiled and felt my heart flutter. He was still so hot and amazing. I still loved him. "Hi." "Hello cutie. You look good." I blushed. "Thanks. So do you." "Would you like to come with me?"

"Uh sure." I followed him to behind the house. He smiled at me. "How have you been?" "Good. Recovering. Dan pays for everything so I have a doctor and a psychiatrist and an art class." He smiled at me. "That's great. But do you love him?"

"Not love him. There's attraction there and a small crush. It's gonna take a bit." He nodded. "Do you still love me?" I blushed. He stepped forward, pushing me to the wall. I squeaked. "I missed your pretty little face."

His hand slipped to rest on my inner thigh, making me squeak. "Even if there are feelings between us, I'm still married. And I want to love Dan." He looked disappointed. "I know. I'm just gonna miss you. You are so perfect and amazing. I wanted to be the one that made you happy. I wanted to be the one to help you and get you healthy. I wanted to be the one who protected you. But I realized that I can't do that. Dan can do that. So I'm gonna let you be with him, he's the one you deserve. I love you enough to let you go. But can I just get one last kiss?"

"... Ok." He leaned forward and caught my lips. I shivered, but felt no spark. Not like the other times. It lasted a few seconds before he pulled away. He put his hand on my face and I leaned into it. He smiled softly.

"Goodbye Phil. Thanks for that closure." "And you too. Now I'll probably be able to fall in love with Dan." He smiled. "I loved you. I wanted to tell you that. I did." "I did too." "That makes me sad." He laughed softly.

"I'll be going now." "Yeah. I have to get back to Dan. He's probably looking for me." Before I walked away I kissed him quickly one more time and walked away.

"Hey Phil. Been looking for you! Where were you?" "Just finishing something. It's ok. Don't worry about it. So what do you want to do?" I grabbed his arm and put it around my waist. "I want food." I laughed. "Ok. Let's get food."