Chapter 9

I managed to calm myself down so I went to go find Dan again. I wasn't being as welcomed though, bitterly standing next to him, greeting people. I didn't like greeting myself as 'Dan's husband', it was actually kind of depressing.

When it was time for dinner, a lot of tables were brought out and the smell of food filled the room. It made me sick, and really uncomfortable. You were supposed to grab a plate and get as much as you wanted. It was all good gourmet food, but I wasn't going to get any.

I grabbed a plate and just grabbed salad and some bread and went to find a place to eat. "No, no, no. Honey, you need to eat more food, fill yourself. You are 16 correct? You need to eat." It was the doctor from before. I sighed. "I know. When I lived back at home, we had to ration food and I always gave my family more, they needed it more. It's a habit that's going to be hard to get out of. And, I'm a really picky eater."

"Would you want me to prescribe you to some appetite pills?" "Not right now, Dan is kind of mad at me, I still have a lot to tell him and explain a lot, I don't want to add more." She nodded. "I feel bad for you. You had to marry at such a young age, why?" "Because my family needed the money, they basically sold me."

"I can't imagine what that feels like. I'm sorry. If you ever need anything, a place to stay, moral support, a friend, health issues, money, though with this family you probably won't have money issues." She handed me a card and I read over it, nodding. "Thanks so much." "Of course, now ea more. What do you like, the family that owns this place probably put out a lot of food."

~

When we were in the car again, driving home, it was silent between Dan and I. It was late, meaning it was dark outside and dark in here. I liked driving in the dark. The lights of the car were cool looking and all the lights were amazing. City lights were so nice. "Phil?"

"Yes?" "I'm sorry." "It's fine." "It's not. I care about you. I want you to be okay. I want to love you. I'm a jealous person, I overreact, dramatize things. And like I said, I care about you, if people say something is wrong I want to know. I also hate being left out."

"It's alright Dan. It's nice that you care but the issues I have are difficult to talk about and I'm not ready, but when I am, I will tell you. Can you just be patient? I've spent all my life keeping everything to my self. I'm introverted, reserved and just shy. I know it's just as difficult for you as it is for me, just give me time. We are stuck together for a while, I want you to have a sort of good impression of me for awhile."

He laughed. "Ok, and by the way, this whole situation is a lot worse for you than it is for me. I'm actually ok with this arrangement, my family was forcing me into marriage because of the family business. They were going to make me marry to a woman but I refused so they went to go find a guy. They happened to find you and a willing family. My mother loves you too, thinks you are absolutely adorable and she does not want to give up the thought that we were meant for each other."

"Haha, ok. How long till we are back home?" "A few minute, why?" I shrug. "I'm tired." "Oh, I bet. That was your first party, right? I'm sorry for dragging you into that so early on." "It's fine. Some of my friends from home were there, it was nice to see them." "Oh, excellent. Good, I'm glad you had a sort of good time. We are home. Would you like me to put in a request for the maids while you go to bed?" "Yeah could you ask them for some tea? They know my usual already, it's all I drink."

He nodded and we walked upstairs, me going immediately upstairs. When I got to my bedroom, I collapsed on the bed and smiled softly. I really enjoyed my conversation with Dan, I already feel a small crush growing and that is a start."