Chapter 6

On the morning of the wedding, I was reluctant to leave my room. I barely slept the night before and my arms hurt. I went downstairs to get some waffles and a cup of coffee. Though when I got downstairs, my family was waiting.

I smiled at them and hugged Shelly. "Phil, you look like a reck. What's the matter?" I shook my head, shrugging. "I'm getting a psychiatrist." "For what?" I heard Dan ask. I jumped and turned around.

"No reason." I say, quickly exiting the room. "Phil!" He says, distressed. I go into the kitchen to grab my breakfast. I ignore any further questions all morning.

The maids help dress me and then tailor me. I was being explained everything. I will have to kiss him, but it's nothing to long. It's going to be short. We won't have a party afterwards but we will have a dinner. Only Daniels intermediate family will be there.

Walking down the isle was the hardest of this whole thing. There he was, on the other side of the isle, smiling at me. He was wearing a suit, kind of like mine, but he looked 20 times better. My sister was the flower girl and Daniel's younger brother Adrian was the ring bearer.

I came to him, stood on the right side and faced him. I watched his face as the Officiant says out the ceremony. Finally, I kiss him and then we walk back down the isle. The kiss, I felt nothing. I thought maybe if there was something felt, then I could bring myself to like him. It didn't happen.

I felt bad for Daniel, because he wanted someone to love. I realized that his family is also forcing him into this marriage for their benefit. I felt bad, but didn't do anything about it. I changed out of my suit and into a hoodie and jeans.

We had dinner, it was at the 12 foot long table, Dan and Dan's father sat at the ends. I sat on Dan's left. He smiled at me again and I smiled back, unable to help myself. "I'm sorry." I mumbled, looking down. "No it's alright. This is being forced into you at a young age. I understand. I was 16 once and I know how it might feel." I nodded and smiled softly to myself, at least I wasn't completely alone.