Chapter 7: Zelda's worry

Helena overheard Zelda saying that Mipha and Link met in the secret garden. Of course, she didn't mean to hear that, but how could Zelda not tell her?

"She was my best friend! But not anymore! She is past tense already!"

That made her feel so helpless! First, she lost the one she liked because of Mipha. And now she lost her best friend, all because of Mipha again! She was furious. However, she made herself calm down. She started to plan something, but nobody knew what it was.

The next day at school, Mipha and Zelda walked together to school as usual. Suddenly Zelda mentioned the performance from school, " Hey, Mipha! Do you know the performance that will be held in Sayron Leran School? It is a huge and famous school."

" I heard about it yesterday and know just a bit about it." Mipha replied, " It must be so good to perform on a big stage; everyone is going to listen and clap for you."

" Well, as I know, Link will help in the performance. So if you are joining, you are going to see him!" Zelda laughed.

" Zelda! Don't say that!" Mipha blushed, and Zelda knew she would be in trouble if she didn't run away!

" Slow down, Zelda! I am not a sword coming to kill you!" Mipha said. Zelda slowed down and walked towards Mipha. When Zelda got close enough to Mipha, Mipha shouted, " BUT I AM THE ONE CHOSEN BY GOD TO KILL YOU!" And this time, Zelda was caught by Mipha.

" I cannot breathe, Mipha! Let go!" Zelda shouted. Mipha took her hands off her neck, and they both laughed.

" So, are you going to join the performance?" Zelda asked.

" Not if you are coming with me!" Mipha said, " My brother will possibly be there, too! So you are going to get to know him better!"

Mipha's remark reminded Zelda of when she first met Sidon. He was a cute but strong boy and extremely tall - even taller than a door! He said someone was bullying him, but he finally found it was not. Thinking of this, Zelda cannot control her laughter.

" Um, Zelda?" Mipha patted her shoulders and she immediately responded, " Yes?"

" What are you laughing at?" Mipha asked.

" No, nothing, just, um... Do you remember how I met Sidon? I just cannot stop laughing about it." Zelda said.

" Oh, you're talking about the first time you met him? Yes, that's so funny." Mipha laughed, " I understand why you are laughing. Oh no! We are going to be late!" Mipha looked at her watch, and both of them quickly ran.

" Do you think we will be late?" Zelda asked.

" Well, if we run fast, we won't be late!" Mipha replied.

The girls ran into the classroom just in time! The minute they walked in was when the school bell rang. They immediately sat down in their seats and sat next to each other.

" Good morning, Helena!" Zelda saw Helena staring at her, so she greeted her, of course, but in a whisper. However, Helena didn't return her greeting as usual. Instead, she turned her face and ignored her. Zelda felt both sad and surprised.

For two whole lessons, Zelda could not pay attention. Then, when she was called up to answer questions, she needed Mipha to help her without the teacher knowing. At break time, Mipha asked for the reason. Zelda replied, " Unsurprisingly, she knows that."

" She? Who?" Mipha didn't understand.

" Two days before I said you met Link to one of my friends Kiria. Helena was a bit far away, and I already said it with a whisper. But she still managed to overhear it, so today, she ignored me when I greeted her. I am so scared; I know Helena can do anything she wants to. She was born rich, and she is strong." Zelda explained.

" I see. Do you know what Helena might do?" Mipha asked.

" No, I have no idea. Helena will not go to jail because she is not a grown-up. So just about anything can happen." Zelda frowned.

" That's horrible!" said Mipha as she shook her head, " But I hope she will not go too far."

" She is way more horrible than you can imagine," Zelda said worriedly.

" Will she? I always thought she was a good person but sometimes allows herself to get too jealous," said Mipha in a shocked voice.

" Mipha, you don't know her well. I can tell," Zelda said.

They went out of the building. The sky was so clear, blue, and beautiful. However, worry-filled Mipha's and Zelda's hearts were like a rainy day.