Chapter 2: The Star of the School

This girl is very impressive. Miss Tsuna told Zelda that Mipha might not know many of the things they were learning. But Zelda didn't agree. Mipha hadn't asked any questions. At first, Zelda thought it was because she was too shy to ask, but she learned that wasn't true. Mipha was quite smart, and whenever she listened to an explanation, she understood it very quickly. Even though Mipha seemed like she was daydreaming in lessons, every time the teacher asked her a question or set some task for the class to do, she always answered correctly and without any hesitation.

This shocked Zelda. Zelda was always the smartest in her class. Even though she didn't get full marks every time, she always got a high score. However, Mipha got full marks on the Science test today. Zelda was sure she learned that before, but she was also sure that she didn't know today they would have a test. That meant she didn't do any revision, and the questions were so hard that Zelda didn't even know some of the words of the questions. And also, Mipha shocked the teacher in her French lesson today, as she spoke fluent French. The teacher even thought that she had lived in France to study! Zelda was shocked too, but at the same time, she was relieved. Now she knew she didn't need to worry about Mipha as much because she knew that there wasn't a problem for her to learn.

At break time, Zelda finally could speak to Mipha because Mipha asked her something.

"Hello, is your name Zelda? May I ask you something?" Mipha said.

"Yes. I am Zelda. If you want to ask a question, go ahead!" Zelda said.

"Thanks. I wanted to ask if I am allowed to go to the Year 7's cafe?" Mipha asked.

"Yes, you can. Why do you ask that? Do you have a friend in Year 7?" Zelda asked.

"Actually, I have a younger brother called Sidon, who is in Year 7," Mipha answered.

"Can I come with you?" Zelda asked.

"Yes, sure! My brother wants to meet new friends too!" Mipha said. She looked at the clock, and there were 5 minutes left for their break. She immediately ran to the cafe, and luckily their next lesson was nearby. As she ran and ran, she accidentally tripped over a tiny rock and was going to fall. Zelda rushed to help but realized she wouldn't reach her in time. Mipha closed her eyes, she knew she could not stop this, but she felt scared.

Suddenly, Mipha felt someone holding her hand tightly and pulling her up. Mipha slowly opened her eyes and was shocked. What she was facing was a handsome face with a cool smile. Mipha didn't say anything but blushed. " Are you alright?" The boy asked in a very kind tone of voice.

" Yes, I am fine. Thank you." Mipha said, and she quickly made some distance between them, then lowered her head.

" That's good. What's your name? I haven't seen you before! Are you new?" The boy asked.

" My name is... Mipha. I changed schools here. I am in Year 8." Mipha said, but she still didn't raise her head.

" I am Link. Nice to meet you." Then Link whispered in her ear, " By the way, you are really cute!" After that, he went off with his friends. Mipha was shocked. Other boys in the schools she attended had praised her as beautiful and cute, but she didn't mind how people felt or that she was so outstanding. But she felt different this time and happy, and she didn't know why.

" Mipha... Mipha!" Zelda shouted, patting her shoulders.

" Ah! Yes, Zelda?" Mipha shook her head and blinked her eyes to make her feel clearer.

" Are you alright?"

"Yes, that boy stopped me from falling," said Mipha, and she blushed.

"Do you feel like... you have a crush on him?" Zelda asked with a curious smile.

" No, no, Zelda. I didn't. By the way, who is he? He said his name is Link?" Mipha asked as she wanted to know more about Link.

" You know, you are so lucky to have met him, Mipha! Link is the most handsome boy in the whole school! His smile is charming and sometimes very cute! Do you know many girls are all dreaming of marrying him? They would try to be cute and kind, but Link didn't even look at them! Oh! What did Link say to you when he whispered?" Zelda asked.

" That's... that's a secret!" said Mipha as she blushed deeply.

" Oh, please, Mipha! Tell me! Tell me!" Zelda pleaded.

At first, Mipha resisted telling Zelda, but after Zelda annoyed her with her persistence, asking so many times, Mipha finally told her, " He told me I am very cute." Zelda's eyes almost popped from her head, and she was shocked. No, more than that, she was extremely shocked.

" It's surprising, isn't it?" Mipha asked as she looked at Zelda's bewildered face.

" No! IT IS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING!" Zelda shouted, and all of the people nearby turned to stare at them.

" Shhhhhh! We are too loud, Zelda!" Mipha said and apologized to the people around.

" Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to shout. But what I heard is that Link doesn't like girls!" Zelda whispered.

" What!? He is like, gay?" said Mipha in a low voice and incredulously.

" No, no, no! You misunderstand me! I mean, as far as I know, he has never even talked to a girl!" Zelda said, " It seems as if he has never fallen in love with a girl! But today, he didn't just talk to you. He said you are cute! He even praised you!"

" That's how a boy shows that he likes you? I don't think so, Zelda!" Mipha still didn't understand.

" I mean, he thought you were special, and maybe you are the type of girl he likes! Honestly, do you like him? Be truthful, now!" Zelda asked.

" Urm... maybe, a little bit?" Mipha said, and Zelda smiled.

" I told you! All the girls admire him. You see, he is so popular." Zelda pointed to the soccer coach. They saw that quite a few girls were gathering around Link, " As far as I know, Helena is one of his biggest fans. She doesn't like the other girls to get close to him before she can. She will probably do something hurtful to you if she knows about this. So, don't tell anyone about what happened today. And I will try to be there with you if things go wrong."

" Helena? You mean, your best friend?" Mipha asked.

" Yes, she is now. But sometimes I don't like her as much because she's mean to me during this period. Anyway, be careful." Zelda said. They were near the cafe, and Zelda pulled her inside because she wanted to meet Mipha's brother. But before they stepped into the cafe, Mipha made eye contact with Link and saw Link smile at her.