Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I rubbed my face in pure frustration, this history essay is going to be the death of me- it shall read on my tombstone 'Killed by History coursework'. I grunted, saved the document and closed down Microsoft. So much for taking my mind off things. It has been days- days- and the chatter about the dead rabbit still hasn't died. People are coming up to me to ask me if I am alright but that's rare I mostly get questions or statements about how I 'should' be feeling.

The only thing I am feeling is sick- sick of school, sick of people, sick of seeing my father's face in the morning (even after how much a jack ass he was, my mother insists on keeping him around) sick of hearing the rabbit, sick of A, sick of Mr. Styles looking at me in pity or just looking at me blankly and finally sick of feeling sick to my stomach. I feel sick when I think of these things and I don't know why but every time I see Mr. Styles and Miss McKenzie in an embrace of some sort. Soon the episode I was ignoring on Netflix had ended, I'll make a mental note to re watch it when I am in the right mind-set. I looked at the time- it's early but I don't care. I turned down the TV and pulled the covers up, closing my eyes and falling asleep.

***

"This should be a form of torture." I mumbled underneath my breath as I walked up and down the school halls. In almost every one of my classes today I have fallen asleep, everything today has just been a huge blur, it feels like my eyes are open but my brain isn't switched on and just to top it all off I have English next as my final lesson. I sat down, next to Aria like I normally do and took out all my stuff, I curled my arms in front of me, rested them on the desk and placed my head on top. I stared aimlessly at the board and watched as he wrote things down, I noticed my eyes began to droop closed, I tried to fight it but sadly it is inevitable.

"Miss Marin." I felt a tap on my arm making me stir a little. I opened my eyes and found the entire class plus him staring at me. I sat up straight away trying to contain myself.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"See me after class." He said with a soft voice. I nodded this becoming a regular thing. I then noticed that is was only three minutes until the end of the lesson. Damn it, I really to sleep more! I packed my things when the bell went and headed to the front of the class.

"Skylar I don't appreciate you sleeping through my lessons." He said turning around to face me.

"I'm sorry sir and I promise it won't happen again." I said. He looked taken aback- he was probably expecting me to come up with an excuse or just say 'sorry'.

"Skylar, are you okay?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just tired." I put on the biggest fake smile ever. I started to walk away, trying to not slump and drag my feet; that's how tired I am. Except before I could leave he grabbed my arm, not too tight but enough to stop me.

"Sky." He looked straight at me with his beautiful emerald eyes- beautiful? "What's wrong?" He rubbed my arm soothingly making my stomach go all funny, then causing my mouth to go dry, I swallowed to try and salivate my mouth again.

"I promise, I'm fine. Have a nice weekend Mr. Styles." I said wriggling out of his grip and leaving the classroom. As if on cue, my phone in my pocket vibrated signalling another message from the evil bitch.

From Unknown:
Look at the happy couple- finally getting along.- A

I gritted my teeth and ran home, I just want to lie down. I was home for maybe an hour when my mom shouted me downstairs.

"Yeah mom?" I asked walking down the stairs. I looked towards the door, to where my mother was standing wearing her hospital uniform, and saw Maverick standing there in a dressy shirt and trousers.