3|To Love & Loathe

Start from the beginning

"You hadn't eaten anything."

She looked into his eyes and a chill ran down his spine. He looked away and blinked only to glance again at her. She smiles a little, making slow progress to talk with him. But he found it a little too enticing

"I'm good."

He dismissively said leaning onto the uncomfortable seat. She knew he was lying, she lightly snorted but the action wasn't unseen by him.

"You look like you didn't shower for days."

She softly said

Advik noticed the mole on the side of her head, close the to ear. It was the most beautiful thing he had seen. Everything about her is spectacular. A soft exquisite little thing. The way her shoulder raises and falls when she breathes and pouts make its own way to her beautiful face when she is thinking something hard.

"It's not one of my proud moment. I thought I admitted I'm smelly."

Nina chuckled nervously

"I didn't sniff you, Advik. God, I'm trying to make an impression."

She chided like a toddler. Advik cocked his brow.

"Pardon?"

'This guy can't put two and two together

She grumbled rolling her eyes and discreetly tried to push back the annoyance back of my mind.

"All I'm telling you to do is go home, eat something, and take a rest."

She tipped her chin high. Advik stared at her for long enough to her dismay. As if he saw something interesting to look away. He could hear her ragged breath.

Stares make her uncomfortable but his stares are intensifying, intoxicating, and shattering havoc in her. She is in conflict. An abrupt impulse to look away and hide her face yet she can't release the heavy tension in the air and resist his gaze.

"Why?"

It was husky, rushed, and short but caught her breath. She blamed her empty stomach for these fiddling thoughts.

"Why what? You are looking like a walking corpse."

It was a lie. He still managed to look like a solid hot piece of meat. Not to stroke his ego, but he doesn't smell nasty either. It's just not bad.

She cringed and chided herself for the details she was feeding herself.

'From when you started to research other's smell Nina' she thought inwardly and shook her head knowing how stupid it sounds.

"I'm fine."

He said in a clipped tone.

"Maybe you should grab something to eat?"

She pushed a little but he again denied her.

"You can grab something if you are hungry."

"Advik why don't you go with her? You need fresh air man."

Aditya tried to convince him for Nina's sake. He was almost invisible half of the time. He managed to keep Advik sane.

"Stop being stubborn. We are here right? and the doctor also said they are stable right now. No need to worry."

She insisted but he ignored them and grabbed his face in his palms.

"I'm sorry but he is butt headed, Don't waste your time on him, beautiful."

Advik gave his friend a stink eye and muttered him to fuck off. Aditya smirked but stayed quiet.

"I think you should keep in mind that you are now unhygienic for any patients."