Chapter 17 - Visit In Stohess

One Month Later:

It's finally the day before the expedition, tomorrow we are going on the expedition, I can't wait too. 'I can't wait until tomorrow! We got this day off to go whatever we want before the expedition, so I decided I'd go and visit Annie in the interior. I sent her a letter letting her know that I was coming, and she seemed excited when writing back.

I hopped off the ferry and walked my way through Stohess.

"Ugh this city is so confusing." I took another turn and ended up back at the same place where the ferry was. This map has got to be wrong. 'Ok, I'll try one more time, and if that doesn't work I guess I'll have to ask someone here.' I followed the maps directions and it seemed to be taking me to the right place at first. Key word at first. Then I ended up in some slum with junkies.

"Great, this is the worst place I could've walked into." I murmured to myself. I continued walking through the alley trying to find a way out when I noticed a shady group of men following behind me. There were five of them and they were all armed with knifes. 'Should I run? No, that'll only make them make a move faster. I should just keep walking and try to get to somewhere with more people.'

"Heh, ha, hahaha. AH, AHAHAHA!" My head whipped to the sound of a drunk man laughing in an alleyway. 'What a weirdo.' He let a few more giggles as another waterdrop fell from the rooftop.

I turned around quickly grabbing the wrist of a man and twisting it unnaturally. 'They really waited until they thought I was distracted huh, I'm surprised they were that good, I almost didn't notice them trying to grab my wallet.' Although looking around me his group didn't take kindly to this all of them pulling out blades.

"AH! YOU BITCH!" He squealed as I pinned his arm back.

"Look, I'll give you your friend back, just leave me alone. Ok?" I asked politely while restraining the man.

"Naw it's past that man, you've hurt our buddy there, so we'll just take everything on you instead of just your wallet." The main man stepped up and stepped closer followed by his goons.

"Well then, no need for this guy." I bent his shoulder out of place until I heard a pop and grabbed the blade he had on him.

"You mother fucker!" The guy wailed and fell to the floor.

The other guys took this personally and ran at me headfirst. I dodged the first guys knife and kicked his shin as hard I could sending him on his knees. 'That's one.' The second came directly after and was fast, but I parried his strike and grabbed his arm throwing him over my shoulder into the third man coming up behind me. The forth and strongest came last with a vengeance trying to stab me. I just parried and dodged his blows deciding it wasn't a good idea to try and retaliate yet, until he went for an overextended stab and lost his balance. I immediately dodged and sent him to the floor with a stark uppercut knocking him out.

"Gosh you guys are weak." I stood up straight and noticed the first guy who had just managed to stand on two feet again and tried coming behind me. I quickly whipped around kicking him in the face with a roundhouse like Annie and sending him back on the floor.

 The second and third came in again but I dodged and swung under the stab of the second giving him a quick left to the face knocking him off his feet and onto the concrete stunned. The third and last seemed surprised, and scared to fight anymore. But nonetheless he ran in and feeling somewhat bad for him I decided to try and send him off quickly. I grabbed his arm redirecting the force of the stab past me, while he was still off balance I gripped his shirt pulling him back and sliding my foot behind his sending him onto the his back slammed into the ground, I got on top of him and disarmed him forcing the blade out of his hand while using my free hand I mauled his face with punches. He tried to punch back but I never gave him enough time, not only that but his punches were weak and poorly aimed. Eventually his resistance became weak so I got off him and let him go. 'Well so much for letting him off easy, he resisted more than I thought he would.'