Chapter Seven: The art gallery

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, What??" I questioned. Alright, I really was bad at hiding my emotions, especially when I was nervous about something.

"I know you.." he repeated. This time around walking towards me. He was staring at me and observing me.

"I'm sure you're mistaking me for someone else," I said to him trying to sound confident. Going down memory lane to see if I had encountered him before. Nope. Still nothing.

He was smiling, why was he smiling? What was funny?? I watched as he stretched forth his hands.

"I'm Peter, " I looked at the stretched forth hands and then his face. contemplating whether to receive it or not.
"Ap-April." I stammered.

I observed him for a moment. He was tall, somehow taller than I am, and handsome. he wore a seductive, strong wood-scented perfume that gave the signature luxury only. He wore a brown long sleeve with black office pants his coat held on the other side of his arm And his hair neatly cut. He looked like a devoted office personnel. His stretched-forward hands I was now shaking sat a luxury wristwatch from one of the top ten collections of the world. I gasped.

I quickly let go of his hands, realizing he most be a wealthy man.

"Are you done accessing me??" he was moving closer, stop. Don't do that. I was nervous, wait why was I nervous? what's happening to me?

I watched him enclose the space between us. He was looking down at me and it made my eyebrow furrowed in displeasure. I wasn't that short.
"How do you know me??" I managed to ask, his gaze focused on me without switching. It felt like everything and everyone stopped moving. Like time stopped for us. I stared intently at him. Unable to fathom why I felt so drawn to a total stranger.

"We haven't met in person.. "

"Makes sense.."

He gave a short laugh.

"And yeah.. My friend gave me your number," I arched my brows. "Friend?"

"He met you at the restaurant with your friend, we were talking when be turned the camera and I saw you ."

"Oh..wow." the realization hitting me. "So you're.. Christopher's friend?- Christopher's friend." we both said said In usion and laughed.

"You look beautiful by the way." he commended. Why was I feeling so nervous?

I smiled at that. "Thank you."

He was staring at me now..our eyes not moving from one another.

"Why did you collect my number.. Sorry?" I managed to ask

"Isn't it obvious..?" he returned with a questioned.

"Hmmn"

There was an awkward silence that followed after that. His gaze not breaking from mine

"I called earlier you seemed to be pissed off by boy drama, is everything okay??" he broke the awkward tension  between us.

That was when it hit me, he was the unknown number that called earlier and thought it was Michael.

I laughed nervously, feeling embarrassed now, he laughed too.
"It's alright." no it wasn't, something not to do again, I said to myself, 'always wait for an unknown caller to speak before.. Talking ' I noted .

"So what brings you here, " he asked . We were walking on.

"The art gallery?? The beautiful work of art of course, isn't it obvious ?" who asks a question like that I wondered.

"Dont get me wrong, some people come around for pictures and others..."

I laughed out loud at what he said. It made me remember Naomi's sole aim of coming. 'Where is she??' I wondered.

"What brings you here?" I returned the questioned .

"Well I came to- " just then his phone beeped. "excuse me."

he got a call. He answered talking to whomever that called him a few meters from where I stood. I observed how he moved his lips, his voice echoing melodiously in my ears. What was wrong with me I gave myself a small pinch.

"We should do this again some other time" he was done talking to the caller.

"Are you asking me out on a date??" I stepped closer to him. I stepped closer to him. I couldn't understand what was happening to me, but I love the feeling I was getting from it. I loved how i was feeling .

He stepped closer enclosing our space "Well.. Now you've said it yeah " we laughed at that. His laugh sounded like music in my ears.

Just then I got a phone call, and he mumbled I'll call you portraying with his hands and left. I watched him leave till his shadows were out of sight.

Just then I heard my name from behind. It was Naomi. "Hey girl was looking everywhere for you ." I said as we started to the exit of the building.

"You know its not easy being a content creator and a social media celeb ,everyone noticing you and wanting to say hello, meanwhile who's that guy I saw you with ." she smirked

"Uhm.. What guy" I asked nervously .

"The one I saw walking away, while you were watching him go."

"Oh that's someo-"

"You got a new admirer?? Who's he?? Did you guys exchange contacts?? I need every detail.. I'm so happy for you girl, finally someone to keep your body warm..." she giggled

I gave her a look of 'seriously.

"What? Don't tell me you've not missed someone smooching with you. Making you scream at the top of your voice with pleasure while he pounds deeper"

The fuck!?

"Okay, I'm done. " with that, I walked on as she made a hysterical laugh.