Chapter Seven: The art gallery

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment, would love to hear from you guys!

*****

We got there and it was more magnificent to behold. The video uploaded by whoever was in charge of the social media account didn't do justice do justice to the beauty of this building. 'The architect did a great job." I commended beaming at the sight in front of me.

Naomi had started saying hi's and hey's to people who noticed her presence. She was an influencer hence the fame. I had wonder if she ever got tired of getting noticed by everyone, getting seen, getting expose to the internet They were taking selfies with her already. 'Awn. I watched as they posed in different styles.
She walked up to me after waving them good bye and promising to review their tag on their post.

We walked inside and a wow came out of our mouths. It was indeed a sight to behold. The beauty of ART. There were painting everywhere, paintings that would take your breath away, not just painting there were others, beautiful works of art that could be placed in whichever areas of the home. The room was painted in white but the portraits that hung beautifully in every corner of the room made it look like a rainbow.

These could cost a fortune, I noted as we walked on.

There were people around. We noticed the sign post of 'PICTURES OF HUNG PAINTINGS SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN. No one was allowed to take pictures of the work of art that hung beautifully on the walls, it was a policy they hold dearly.

We walked to the other side of the room, Naomi was getting distracted or not just obsessed with the way I am with Art and it's beauty. She excused herself, going to the corner to probably make a video close to the water fall that was situated at the middle of the room.

She had asked if it was okay... And I told her it was fine. To be quite honest she didn't wait for me to finish my words before she dashed out to do her bindings.

I walked some more observing, twirling, and loving the feeling that came with the building- THE WORK OF ART. There was a particular work of art that caught my attention, it was situated at the end side of the room. I lunged forward, there were some persons here and there talking to some persons about buying, my ears perked up when I heard the amount they called for a painting at my side. I turn to observe the painting. The figure in the painting was a woman, with beautiful beads adorned on her waist, it had a charismatic attribute that beheld anyone that saw it.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" a woman at my side who seemed to be in her late fifties asked smiling at it.
"It indeed is."  I said loving what the artist had done.

Her gaze fell on me .

"Are you here to buy a painting or here to glance at beautiful work of art ?" the sweet-toned that came with her admiring the portrait had disappeared.

"Uhm, not really. I came with a friend, who wanted to get one. " I lied trying not to show my nervousness. "I'll be off now" I said trying to avoid whatever question she was about to ask.
I turned swiftly in a hurry trying to leave when I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry.." what was wrong with me. I bent down to pick the object that had fallen from him, oh no! It was his tablet, I knew this product. They were very expensive. I inspected it a little more. I heave a sigh of relief when I saw it was in perfect condition. I was glad it didn't crack. How would I afford it?

"I'm sorry ." I said again giving it back to him. I didn't look up at him because of guilt, I thought of running off when his words stopped me right on my track.

"I know you.."

what is he saying now, can't this day just get any better. I turned slowly, trying not to show my nervousness.