~ 4 ~

Back on BlackMore University's campus, the sat on benches while Mindy paced back and forth. "We're in the sequel to the requeal! It's a franchise!" She yelled, throwing her hands up with a smile on her face. "That means everything is bigger! Bigger body count, bigger budget, longer chase scenes, but everything is the opposite." She clasped her hands together, licking her lips, "There are the same rules for survival like number one, don't have sex."

Ethan and Bri immediately looked at each other with concern on both their faces. Chad seemed to notice their expression, "woah. Ethan? Bri? Care to explain anything?" He said out loud while laughing.

Bri's eyes flickered over to Chad, narrowing her eyes. "This is serious." She looked back at Mindy, "please continue, Mindy."

She nodded her head, "Anyone can go at any time. Especially Tara and Sam..." She frowned, gesturing at the two. "Now my list of suspects... there's Quinn, the new roommate." Bri twirled her hair around her finger while frowning. "Anika, I love you, but you're too new," Mindy continued. She then looked at Ethan, staring at him. "On the topic of roommates... Ethan. You're on my list too." She frowned.

Bri's defense was caught in her throat as she stared at him. She wanted to defend Ethan, she wanted to say that she's wrong. But how could she know?

Her gut twisted as she looked away. "Well, how do we know it's not one of you guys...?" He faintly asked. His eyes fell on Bri momentarily before looking at everyone else.

Mindy's eyebrows furrowed as she crossed her arms over her chest, "why would it be one of us? We went through it, why would we hurt people?" She was a bit defensive with her argument, but she's right. They went through it, the grief they felt losing their loved ones stung. Ethan's statement really felt like he was rubbing salt in an open wound.

"I don't know, those theories about Sam are pretty... compelling," his voice trailed off due to the look on Sam's face.

"Ethan," Bri spoke softly while placing her hand on his arm. He looked her in the eye and shut his mouth. Why would he say that? He didn't trust Sam? Most of all, did he not trust Bri?

~~~

Bri felt her phone buzzing in her pocket as she sat next to Anika on the couch. It was a text from Ethan which stated:

Ethan Landry

I wish I could be there :(
I have ECON tonight
Miss u ❤️

A small smile formed on her face as she read the texts responding back to him with a heart emoji. She got up from the couch and made her way into the kitchen.

"Oh my god, just kiss already." Mindy groaned while rolling her eyes.

Chad stepped away from Tara with his cheeks dusted red. "Mindy, that is so inappropriate!" He then turned to Bri who laughed a little too hard as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Bri, aren't you the one who slept with Ethan? When the hell did that even happen?"

Now the spotlight shone on her, she threw her hands up defensively with a smile still plastered on her face. "It just kind of happened..." She wrapped a blonde strand of hair around her finger while giggling.

"But when did it happen?" Tara queried.

Bri was silent for a moment, wondering if she should lie or not. "Last night in the bathroom while you and Sam were being interrogated..."

"LAST NIGHT?!" They all yelled at the same time.

"On my sink?!" Sam gasped, she covered her ears and yelled 'la la la' over and over.

"Wait, what happened?!" Anika yelled from the couch.

"Bri and Ethan had sex last night! In the bathroom!!" Mindy yelled out to her girlfriend.

"What?!" She yelled too, "you dirty dogs!"

Bri's hands flew onto her face while groaning with embarrassment. "Please, stop it! It's nothing serious!"

Chad rolled his eyes, "Be honest, was it good? You can be honest."

"Oh my god, Chad!" Tara yelled, her mouth hanging open.

"Come on, it's us! The core 5!" Immediately the room fell silent due to his comment.

Mindy shook her head, "no..." She winced. It was cringy, not even cute-cringe. Just cringe.

"What the hell?" Anika said from the couch, interrupting everyone's comments on the group name. The 5 of them in the kitchen walked out and watched the news report. The headline read that Sam Carpenter was now the main suspect in the murder of Sam's therapist due to the disturbing video of the women attacking her.

"Sam..." Tara frowned as Sam turned off the TV and threw the remote down. She stormed into the dining room causing Tara, Mindy, Chad, and Bri to follow. "Sam, we're here for you. We know what you've been through, what we've all been through."

Bri sat down across from her and frowned, "yeah, Sam. You can tell us anything, we're here."

Sam nodded her head before letting out a long sigh. "I'm sleeping with cute boy across the hall." She looked down at her hands, tucking a chunk of hair behind her ear.

The rest of them all exchanged looks with each other and then laughed. "I knew it!" They all laughed while high fiving one another. After laughing for a bit, Sam's phone rang.

Tara picked up Sam's phone before she could comprehend it was her phone ringing. "Ohh, we should answer!" Tara laughed as she passed the phone around.

Bri held the phone up to her ear before handing it back to Sam while laughing, she hummed and then hung up. "I can call him back in a minute." She placed the phone down.

From the other room, Quinn yelled and loud banging noises were heard. One of her boyfriends was there while everyone else was, so they assumed they were just having sex. "Well, damn. Who knew she they could go that hard?" Mindy laughed.

"Did you and E sound like that?" Chad teased, nudging Bri with his elbow. Chad's laughter ended as soon as a blood curdling scream rose from the girl in her room.

Sam's phone lit up with a text notification. She read it, the color draining from her face. "Shit!" She sprung up from her chair. Everyone else followed, confused on what the text said.

"What?" Anika still sat on the couch clearly confused. In front of Quinn's door, it went silent. Everyone grew closer to the door, Sam reaching for the handle.

Before her hand could even touch the handle, the door flew open and Quinn's body covered in blood flew out with Ghostface behind it. Screams erupted from the group. Her dead body landed on Bri, covering the girl in Quinn's fresh blood.

"Run!" Mindy yelled, Chad grabbing a hold of Tara and Bri and dragging them out of the apartment.

"Wait! Wait!" Bri yelled while getting dragged, but Chad didn't listen. They left behind Sam, Anika, and Mindy. "They're still in there!" She started pulling away from Chad.

This caused him to stop and look up the staircase. "Oh, fuck!" He yelled. They all turned back around and sprinted up the stairs. "Mindy!" He yelled as he ran toward the door.

Tara banged on the door while screaming Sam's name over and over again. She wailed as she slammed her body against the door to get it open. "Open! Please!" She pleaded. Bri stood behind them, her blood covered hands over her mouth as tears flowed down her face. This can't be happening, not again.

Author's Note; THERES ALMOST 400 READS?? OMG THANK U SM, I'M HAVING SM FUN WRITING THIS!!! I'LL BE POSTING CHAPTER 5 LATER TONITE