~ Prologue ~

"Fuck you, Amber," Liv said with her teeth gritted. "I'm not the fucking killer!" Her voice raised to a screaming fit as Bri grabbed onto Amber's arm.

Tears streamed down her face as her eyes looking up to Amber as she shifted her position. "I know." Amber spoke flatly as she whipped out a gun and shot Liv right in the head in front of everyone.

Brigitte's heart beat accelerated, her mind blank from what just happened. She couldn't move. She couldn't breathe. She stood still, her eyes focused on Liv's dead body. She pointed the gun at Sam and spoke, "welcome to Act 3."

"Amber, no!" Bri attempted to grab the gun from Amber which caused her to pull the trigger and barely miss Sam. They both fought for it, Bri tackling her to the ground. Amber knocked Bri to the ground hard, her head bashing against the tv stand. Her vision went blurry for a second as Amber grew closer to her, holding out her gun.

Bri touched the throbbing spot behind her head and saw red stain her finger tips. Her mind was too dizzy to fight now, she felt too weak. So many thoughts buzzed her head, but she couldn't form words. "Did I not mean anything to you?" Bri faintly asked.

Amber shook her head, "I guess we just weren't meant to be." She rose her gun to shoot Bri. Bri stared at her into Amber's emotionless eyes before the shot goes off.

~~~~

Her eyes shot open wide. Bri shook, drenched in a cold sweat. She closed her eyes and took a couple deep breathes. Breath, she thought as she let out a shaky exhale.

When she opened her eyes again, the moon illuminated her dorm room. Her cat was balled up by her feet at the end of the bed, sleeping peacefully. "If only," Bri mumbled to herself as she got up from the bed. She grabbed her taser from under her pillow and made her way out to the kitchen cautiously. Her eyes flickered to every dark corner in the dorm as she opened up the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water. She sat on one of the counter and took another swig of water. The cool liquid soothed her parched throat as she drank the rest of her water in one go. When she threw away the bottle, she heard noises coming from the bathroom. Her ears perked up and her eyes looked in that direction.

She turned on the light on her taser and quickly flashed it in the direction of the door. Standing in the doorway barely dressed was Anika, stunned like a deer shone in headlights. She winced and covered the light with her hand. "Shit! That's bright."

Brigitte put down her taser light and apologized, "I'm so sorry!" She rubbed her eyes and continued talking. "What time is it?"

Anika grabbed her phone and checked. "3:45 in the morning." She made her way towards the counter and sat next to her. "Why are you up?"

She looked down at her feet and swayed her feet. "I just felt thirsty. My throat was dry as hell." Bri let out a small giggle. Her eyes scanned over Anika's body, her eyebrows furrowing. "Why are you dressed like that? Did I interrupt something?"
Anika turned her head away while stammering over her words. "No!" She raised her voice defensively. "I'm not even sure Mindy's ready for... you know? Hooking up." Bri laughed, looking away from the girl as well. She didn't know Anika that well, not compared to everyone else. It was rare for moments like these when they have alone time. "I'm gonna head back to Mindy, try to get some sleep." She advised before heading off to Mindy's room.

When the door shut, Bri let out a long exhale and closed her eyes for a moment. She grabbed 2 chewable meletonins from the cabinet and took them. She grabbed another bottle of water and proceeded to go back to her dorm room.

Charlie hadn't changed his position, he was clearly comfortable. She grabbed her phone which sat on the nightstand and pulled up Ethan's number. If anyone could call her down, it was him.

She clicked the call button and placed the phone against her ear.It rang about 5 times until she heard a sleepy 'hello.' He seemed startled at first, then chuckled softly after.

He must have woken up and noticed the call.
"Hey," she started, her eyes shifting around the room. "I'm sorry for calling, I just can't sleep."

She heard shuffling from the other end of the line, "what do you mean?" He asked.

"It's just... nightmares." At least she wasn't technically lying. In fact, there were a few parts she really wanted to tell him, but she decided she should stick to one thing at a time. She knew if she told him the whole story he'd probably want to stay up all night comforting her. Instead of doing that, she decided that would be selfish and instead focused on his response.

"Bad dreams?" He asked, she could hear the concern in his voice.

The corners of her lips curled down as she nodded. "Yeah. They don't really make much sense." She heard some shuffling again and a sigh from him. She waited patiently for him to speak.
He sounded tired when he spoke again. "Can I come over, Bri?" His voice was quiet and hesitant. There was a slight hint of uncertainty in the tone of his voice.

Bri was shocked. She closed her eyes and frowned. How did this happen? She thought to herself. I was never meant to fall in love with you. Her heart screamed, 'yes come over and cuddle me until we fall asleep in each others arms. But she verbally said, "no. It's fine, I'll get some sleep."

After she hung up, she tossed aside her phone and crawled under the covers of her bed. She sighed deeply, her eyes drooping and her hands reaching out for the comforter before she realized how empty her bed felt without the comforting warmth of Ethan's body pressed against hers.