031|

"Hey." Mike spoke up turning to face where Hopper was sat with El, "We should probably go." El nodded looking towards Hopper before pulling him into a tight hug. Hopper slowly loosened his arms looking down at the younger girl nodding his head reassuringly.

Mike and Riley walked over each of them carefully holding their arms over each of El's shoulders gently pulling her to her feet. Mike had suddenly let go allowing Riley to take El completely as Hopper called his name.

Lucas walked over taking over from Mike smirking at his friend, "So is there anything you want to tell us." Riley's eyes widened using her free hand to push her glasses back up her nose attempting to look anywhere apart from Lucas.

"I don't know what your talking about."

"Really," Lucas laughed nodding his head sharing a look with El who was very interested in where this conversation was going, "How about the little thing going on with you and Dustin."

Riley was saved by Jonathan who appeared out of know where at their side informing them they had to get moving. Mike also reappeared taking back over from Lucas who had promised Riley that their conversation was definitely not over.

Riley sighed looking towards the ground glad to finally getting out of the mall she'd been stuck in for the past few days. She frowned noticing the stain of red dripping down El's leg, "El, your bleeding."

Mike looked up at Riley's words looking nervously towards's Eleven, "Are you okay?"

She took a few seconds to answer closing her eyes, taking a deep breath and nodding her head, "Yeah." Max who was walking infront of them leaned forwards to pull open the door of Nancy's car allowing Riley and Mike to help the other girl into the backseat, before getting in themselves.

Riley listened nervously as Nancy turned the key, expecting the car to start up only for the engine to start sputtering. Once... Twice... No matter how many times Nancy turned the key the engine still did not start.

"Didn't your mom just buy you this car?" Lucas questioned from where he was sat infront of Mike, El and Riley.

"Yes." Nancy groaned in frustration, "I'm sure it's fine."

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will asked leaning forwards in his seat.

"No!"

"Do we have gas?"

"Yes!" Nancy yelled turning the key one more time.

"Woah, stop," Jonathan reached over pulling her hands away opening the car door, "Pop the hood."

Riley closed her eyes counting to ten in her head, just when she thought she was finally going to get away from this stupid mall they're was always another problem keeping her here. Her head shot up when an engine roared from nearby.

A bright pair of lights shone through the window reflecting of her glasses. Riley knew that car, it was the same one Billy had turned up in last year when he had gone looking for Max only to end up beating up her brother.

The front windscreen was broken and through the cracked glass, Riley could see Billy sat glaring towards the group. But there was something off about him. Riley had only seen Billy a few times, but this was wrong. 

His face was covered in a thin layer of sweat, his hair was a mess, and from what Max had told her about Billy she knew that was unusual. He stared directly at them unblinking almost like he wasn't really there anymore.

Nancy appeared at the window pulling open the doors yelling at the kids to get back inside the mall. Riley and Mike quickly went back to helping El as they ruched back inside.