025|

Riley frowned to herself when she heard what sounded like water running, she looked up at Robin who looked equally confused before they turned towards the noise. A large stream of water ran from the top of the crate.

Robin looked towards the younger girl unimpressed before shouting towards the two boys above them, "Can you redirect your stream, please?"

The 'stream' slowly moved around the corner running down the walls as he did so.

"Gross." Riley muttered turning back to the control panel where they were trying to figure out if there was any chance of getting that door open.

Dustin's head suddenly appeared through the hatch looking worriedly towards Riley, "It, it wasn't me. It's Steve. I'm not the gross one."

Riley nodded her head smiling up at him, "Of course not."

They were interrupted by Erica smashing the tube of green liquid against c nearby canister.

"Hey, hey! Be careful, careful!" Robin rushed over snatching it out of her hands, "We don't even know what that is."

"Exactly," Erica shot back as Riley moved to stand besides Robin, "It could be useful.

"Useful how?" Robin questioned holding the tube away from Erica.

"We can survive down here a long time without food, but if the human body doesn't get water, it will die."

"I hate to break it to you, but this is not water."

Riley nodded, "And for all we know, it could be poisonous and then you'd end up dead even quicker."

Erica chose to ignore Riley completely, turning to Robin, "No, but it's a liquid, and if it comes down to me drinking that shit or dying of thirst, I drink."

Riley turned towards the door when an electric whirring sound came from outside it, she slowly moved towards it holding her ear against the door her eyes widening when it seemed to get closer.

"Hey, guys." Everyone turned towards her and she could hear Dustin and Steve stop talking from above her, "We got company."

"Shit!" Robin quickly moved the two younger girls under the hatch, helping Erica and Riley up onto the top before pulling herself up.

Riley bent down besides Dustin as they all watched the door open, two men walked in they spoke a few words but nothing that Riley could understand, they then picked up a few boxes before leaving back out the door.

Steve lent forwards grabbing the tube of green goo out of Erica's hands, jumping down the hatch quickly shoving the container under the quickly closing door, holding it still.

Everyone rushed down slipping under the door, Steve dived under just in time as the container suddenly smashed and the liquid exploded all over the floor, it sizzled  before burning its way into the floor.

Robin smirked looking towards Erica, "You still want to drink that?"

"Holy mother of God." Dustin carefully spun Riley round so she was looking the same way as him. In front of them was an extremely long tunnel, Riley sighed pushing her glassed up her nose, squinting slightly, she couldn't see an end it was so long.

"Well... Hope you guys are in good shape." Steve spoke walking forwards patting Dustin on the chest as he did so, "Looking at you, roast beef." He turned back when no one followed, "Let's go, come on."

Robin held her hands out lightly pulling the younger three forwards to make sure they didn't get left behind.

Dustin turned towards Riley, "Why me?"

Riley took his hand in hers, shaking her head, speaking loudly to make sure Steve could hear her, "No reason, he's just being a dick."

"I mean you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive." Dustin spoke up from where he was walking besides a slightly distracted Riley who was swinging their hands back and forth out of boredom.

"What are you talking about? its a total fire hazard." Steve shook his head, "There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell."

"They're commies." Erica butted in, "You don't pay people, they cut corners."

"To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking. I mean, think about it, they develop the perfect system for transporting that cargo." Robin said.

"it all comes into the mall like any old delivery."

"And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser."

"you think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve questioned.

"I doubt it something as simple as poison," Riley spoke up looking towards Steve, "It's gotta be something important and extremely valuable."

"Like promethium or something." Dustin nodded towards Riley.

"What the hell's promethium?" Steve asked Dustin.

"And this is where I once again where I question, are you sure we are related." Riley rolled her eyes at her brother.

"it's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components." Robin explained.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill." Erica fake gagged.

"No, no, no. No." Steve looked towards the younger girl, "Don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?"

"Why so sensitive, Harrington?" Robin raising her eyebrows, "Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year-old child?"

"No," Steve denied, "I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus."

"Promethium." Riley corrected.

"Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure, "Dustin carried on," But whatever. All we're saying is,  it's probably being used to make something."

"Or power something." Riley added on.

"Like a nuclear weapon?" Dustin asked.

"Totally."

"Walking towards a nuclear weapon. That's great." Steve groaned, "That'd be great."

"But if they're building something, why here?" Robin started, "I mean Hawkins. Seriously. Of all places. At the very least, we're a toilet stop on your way to Disneyland."

Riley ignored what Robin was saying slowing down pulling Dustin with her, as her eyes widened, looking between Dustin and Steve who had also slowed down coming to the same conclusion as them.

"You think the Russians know?" Dustin was the first to speak.

"I mean they could." Riley nodded.

"So it's connected." Steve whispered.

"Maybe."

"How?"

"I don't know, but it's..."

"Possible." They all spoke at the same time.

"I'm sorry, is there something you three like to share with the class?" Robin questioned spinning round to face them, Erica by her side.

They were saved by Dustin's supercomm suddenly going off, a Russian voice sounding out.

They quickly rushed towards Erica who pulled the walkie out of her bag handing it towards Robin. They all listened as the man continued, Robin spoke with him before looking up at the others, "It's the code."

"Where ever that broadcast is coming from-" Dustin was cut off by Robin.

"It's close. And if there's one thing we know about that signal..."

"it can reach the surface." Riley finished.

"Let's go."