The floor is lava

Start from the beginning

"Ah, poor souls... Your students don't even know who I am, do they?"

"..." Once again, Herobrine was silent. This time, instead of having his head held high, his eyes trailed the ground.

"They don't even know about the bet, huh?"

"Bet? What bet?" The students whispered amongst themselves, none of them coming to a viable conclusion.

"This world belongs to me, Herobrine. I have no more time to waste." The entity teleports away with a single snap. For a moment, the air seemed to freeze.

Then, the ground rumbled. It started to shake as if it were in a frenzy.

"W-What... What's happening?..."

"Teacher?"

Herobrine was ashamed. And, just like that, he disappeared.

"T-Teacher?"

"Guys, what do we do?..."

The ground started to glow an iridescent sunset hue. Zombie gasps, feeling the ground's temperature rise.

"Guys, run!"

Madness. Panic. Ghast carries Creeper and Slime away on his head, gazing apologetically at his other classmates.

There remained four. Enderman, Pigman, Zombie, and Skeleton. Pigman was not affected— lava and burning temperatures was his turf. Enderman was able to teleport to a high place, safe for now.

"Zombie, what do we do..." Skeleton was filled with panic as he and his best friend were sprinting across the burning clearing. Lava was starting to poke through the lowest parts of the ground now. Most water sources became cobblestone or obsidian in seconds.

"We're going to burn alive..." Zombie was helpless. He laughs dryly. "I'd always thought it'd be the sun burning me alive, not the ground."

"This isn't time for jokes... There! There's a tall cobblestone house in the village!"

"I don't think we can make it..."

"We can if we pick up our pace!" Skeleton was determined. The two friends skim across the clearing, all the way to the entrance of the village. Most wooden houses were on fire, and many stray broken wooden blocks laid haphazardly on the ground.

"There! I have ladder!" Zombie exclaims. The ground below started singeing with dangerously hot temperatures.

And, well, if you believe in luck... Skeleton sure had the worst of it at that moment.

A torpedo of burning wooden blocks started to fly his way. In a panic, Skeleton yelps and quickly evades them.

"Skeleton!" Zombie shouts, "C'mon! The lava's going to reach the surface at any moment!" Skeleton didn't need to be told to know how close the lava was. The ground felt like a million degrees, an inferno of constant flames. Every step became more painful as he struggled to make it to his friend. Skeleton powers through it, knowing that this is a life or death situation. Taking a leap of faith, he springs up into the air and manages to grasp onto the ladder. Just seconds later everything on the ground is engulfed in unforgiving lava. With the help of Zombie, Skeleton quickly climbs to the roof of the cobblestone house. After Zombie helps pulling him up to the top, Skeleton feels his legs give out. The bottom of his feet were severely burned. The burns were so intense that they could be compared with Wither's bones.