Chapter 6

Chapter 6. 

Newsday reporters has discovered a few shocking events that had taken their place before the notorious slaughter in the café occurred. John Christie, we remind the murder's name, happened to cause severe physical damage to one of the Ukrainian immigrants, particularly a barman named Kiril Manaenko, who had come to the states when the stock exchanges slumped.

The barman, 38, was seriously injured after John Christie had refused to pay his bills after a polite request from the side of bar employees. Our reporter is in the hospital room where Kiril Manaenko is treated before further doctor's orders. His body is covered with bruises, and as you might observe, he has a cervical collar around his neck.

"I had a feeling that there was something wrong in that pal as he had stepped over my threshold. His face was as pale as a two-day corpse would have after a meeting with a vampire. First thing in his order list was a shot of whiskey, which he drank slowly for half an hour in one of ours most prestige places – we all treat our customers with respect, as it is supposed to be."

Kiril Manaenko clears his throat, asks the reporter to fluff the pillow, and sits upright.

"No, I don't need any nurses comin' in. Thanks. That guy, what was his name, you said? John? Meh, whatever. He be rude, tried to mack on one of my most loveable ladies in the bar – Judith, our waitress, who gave 'im a cold shoulder because he looked hideous. She tried to ask him to stop, politely, as all our staff would always do, but he went on getting on all handsy," Kiril says, and a small glistening spot appeared under one of his eyes. He rubs it off with his fingers until his skin is dry again.

"Dear Viewers, the story is heartbreaking. Our reporter hardly keeps himself together; however, let's give Kiril his deserved right to share his story," a young reporter says, holding a microphone close to Kiril's mouth.

"Thank you! Eventually, I had already reached my boiling point when this, I dare say..." A beep cuts off his speech.

"Kiril, we don't say this on TV," the voice of the reporter is hearable behind the camera and a few Imsosorry follows before the victim continues.

"When this man decided to leave my place without paying for his orders. I did not like it, of course, said to him to put money on the table and leave, or I would call the cops, as a decent citizen of this city would do, but he threw an empty glass of whiskey at me, and then attacked. I am a strong man, as you might see; but, that *beep* was on some freaking steroids, I tell you! Maybe drugs! He had inhuman strength, his eyes were filled with blood thirst," Kiril finishes the story, and the camera shifts from his weary, suffered face to the reporter.

"Dear viewers! You have had a chance to see what that monster did with your own eyes. Fortunately for Mister Manaenko, he managed to escape only with a few injures, unlike other victims."

"We will continue to keep you in touch with all the newest information when discovered. You all know, our viewers' satisfactions - Newsday's genuine reaction!"