Chapter 8

Chapter 8. 

Newsday reporter has interviewed many of the witnesses in the area where the dreadful massacre took its place. One of the survivors, their face, and name are concealed by their own request, made a hard decision to share what actually happened that day. The voice will be altered for the same sake as mentioned before.

"His eyes were wide-open; bloody-red; an insane look of a person who was way out of this world, at least in his mind. He grabbed her leg," the low, robotic voice croaked even through a few layers of processing.

"Whose leg? Names are crucial for our viewers," the reporter asked in a cheerful tone, which totally did not match with the topic.

"The waitress – Elizabeth. She freaked out, and wanted to get away from him, but... she fell, and in a second that monster was already slashing her with a piece of glass. I wanted to help, but my girl~ But I was too scared."

"Thank you for providing your side of the story. Hope you are keeping up forward even though this hard time for all of us."

The camera shifts from a blurred face of one of the witnesses to another person: a young man of twenty-five, or six years old in camo jeans and black t-shirt; sea-blue eyes, well-built body, and chestnut hair which falls almost to his shoulders.

"Mister..." The reporter scratched his head, and brought a microphone closer to the boy's mouth.

"David Tonor. I am Elizabeth's brother, was," he said in a way that his pain was almost visible because the words were lifeless, and did not want to come out that easily as they could.

"How did it happen that you were not with your sister in the most important moment, Mister Tonor?"

A sparkle of hatred could be seen in his eyes. He gulped.

"When I was a child, my parents told me that my sister was murdered in a forest nearby our house on the outskirts of Springfield. My mother gave birth to me only a few years after that accident, and I'd never seen my sister before."

"However, how did it happen that you were in the same café where she worked if you say that you two did not know each other?"

"I'd really recommend you talk to my doctor about this. I am sure he would be much more competent in this topic. I suffer transient global amnesia after the war, you and everyone else know little about. I believe that somehow, I had found out that Elizabeth was my sister and wanted to pay her a visit of some sort, but another TGA attack happened, and I woke up disoriented at a table in the café, not understanding what I did there. Until that monster came."

"And what, Mister Tonor?"

David averted his eyes. His hands trembled, and lips were clenched by his teeth – a little more and blood would spill again, but he somehow managed to get the grip.

"I did what I was taught to do with monsters."

He headed away quickly like a lynx away from a spotlight, and the camera switched back to the reporter, who yawned at that moment.

"The case is still being investigated by the police. However, we know for sure that our news channel would always delight you with all up-to-date information in this world, and even beyond," he giggled slightly, happy of his own wittiness before the connection broke down.