Two Jounin Battles

Naruto recalled the bridge that Orihime, Ichigo, and their friends had once brought him to. He had stared at the whirlpools as if hypnotized by them. Though Naruto had traveled the world to 'study' with Ulquiorra, he never was given the chance to really experience the Material World. So the Naruto Bridge over the Naruto Whirlpools was a chance to look at the power of mother nature safely. He never realized why he was so mesmerized by the whirlpools until Kushina and Minato gave him his rightful name; Uzumaki Naruto.

Uzumaki are people of the swirling tides.

Even his Inner World has a mega whirlpool in it.

The bridge Tazuna's building was exactly like that bridge in the other world; gigantic and a marvel of human ingenuity. He stared at it and looked at Tazuna, "You really are a super bridge builder,"

He had 'studied' engineering before when it first became a thing. He had helped build Las Noches every time Lord Aizen wanted something added or destroyed. So he knew remarkable engineering and craftsmanship when he sees it. Tazuna blushed and looked away.

He must have not been praised genuinely before.

As they passed, Naruto started listing ways to make it more durable and Tazuna started seeing how it can be done and since he's a builder, he knew that the ideas have merit.

Sasuke groaned, "Where do you learn all this?"

Naruto shrugged, "I studied it in school,"

Again, seriously, which school?!

The boatman docked and they started walking Tazuna home. Naruto suddenly stopped, and a kunai slipped out of the seal Kushina embroidered for him on his glove. Kakashi stared at Naruto who started looking in another direction. The Jounin stretched his senses and Hinata whispered, "A man...on a tree...he's lifting a sword!"

She then screamed, "Duck!"

The group quickly lower to the ground just as a giant blade flew over their heads right at the level Tazuna's neck would have been. It crashed into a tree and the man Hinata saw landed on the handle, "A Byakugan? Should have known," But his eyes were on Naruto, wary.

Kakashi recognized the man, "Momochi Zabuza. Wanted for his attempt to kill the Mizukage,"

Zabuza eyed Kakashi, "Copy Nin Kakashi,"

Sasuke pulled out a Kunai and so does Hinata. Though she usually rely on her Juuken, Zabuza used a sword. She needs to have something to protect her palms with. Naruto put his hands in his pockets, appearing nonchalant but his teammates knew better. He might look like he's taking them lightly but in reality, he's much more aware of that.

Kakashi stepped forward, "Manji Formation,"

Naruto used the kunai already in his hand to take a defensive stance alongside his teammates. The mini Hiraishin kunai flashed over his shoulder and Zabuza glared at him, "You have got some guts showing off the Hiraishin kunai. People would be coming for your head just for having that,"

Kakashi stepped in front of Naruto, "Ma, ma...it's just a replica," He knew it was not. Minato already explained to him how Naruto's Zanpakutou represented his soul and that the chain and kunai were remnants of his and Kushina's chakra inside Naruto. Minato had once flashed to Naruto's side using the kunai on his chain. It worked just like his other kunai and even better than them.

Zabuza pulled back and landed on the body of water nearby, he raised his hand to the sky and summoned a heavy fog. Being surrounded by the sea, this was an arena made for a Kiri-nin. Kakashi raised his hitai-ate, revealing his Sharingan. Sasuke tensed, recalling how his father praised Kakashi for being able to even utilize the Sharingan as well as he did even though his body was not made to wield it without extreme chakra drain.