A contented sigh escaped my lips as I snuggled closer. "More than anything,"

He continued to whisper sweet nothings in my ear as I smiled and savored the moments shared between us

Khalil twisted his neck around to face us with a sly grin. His eyes darted between me Fareed and he raised an eyebrow suggestively. "Oh, I see what's going on here," he teased. "Go get a room, bro. Shamelessness."

I could feel my face turning scarlet red with embarrassment. I had been so wrapped up in the moment that I had forgotten we weren't alone in the car. Fareed reached out playfully to swat Khalil on the arm.  But Of course, he dodged easily.

"You're just jealous. Go get yourself a wife so you can experience the joy of love too," Fareed teased.

Khalil retorted with a smirk, "Nah man, love is for the weak. I'm good on my own."

"You say that now, but one day you'll be the biggest romantic fool out of all of us," he predicted.

"I hope not," He laughed shaking his head.

Their banter continued on for the rest of the car ride, filled with teasing comments. But as we arrived at the event centre, their conversation died down, and we came out of the car.

*****
Third person's POV

First, the bridesmaids and groomsmen arranged themselves into two lines before they danced their way into the grand hall the song Commas by Ayra Starr. Next, the MC announced the arrival of the bride and groom, and the DJ quickly switched the music to "Pepe" by Boy spyce. The newlyweds made their grand entrance, and the entire room erupted in cheers and applause; Flashes from cameras filled the air.

Meenah's heart swelled with pride as she watched her husband bask in the spotlight. His friends and the MC were doing an excellent job of hyping him up, and she couldn't help but laugh at his enthusiasm. She tightened her hold around his arm, feeling overwhelmed with joy.

The hall is an exquisite venue that exudes luxury and elegance at every turn. As you enter the hall, you're immediately greeted by a grand foyer, sparkling chandeliers, and elegant furnishings and lighting.

The centerpiece of the hall is a spacious and gleaming dance floor, surrounded by tables and chairs that are upholstered in luxurious fabrics and adorned with fine china and crystal glassware.

There is a stage at one end of the hall, and is staffed with attentive and professional personnel, who are committed to ensuring that every detail is attended to, and that each guest feels pampered and cared for.

Both families spared no expense to make sure that the special day was everything the bride ever dreamed of.

The event began after the couple were settled, with the MC calling the bridesmaids and groomsmen to the dance floor for some friendly competition. The atmosphere was filled with so much joy and laughter as they continued with the other programs.

****

Now, it was time for the closest friends of the bride and groom to say some few words about them. The MC's voice boomed through the hall, calling Billy to share a few words about the bride, Meenah.  Without a moment's hesitation Billy rose from her seat, a smile on her lips and made her way to the podium.

"Good day ladies and gentlemen. My name is Bilkisu Saminu and I'm the bride's Bestfriend. I'm standing before you today to say some few words about my best friend. Today is a special day, not just for Ameena and Fareed, but for all of us who have been blessed to know this beautiful couple. Ameena is not just my best friend; she's my sister from another mother. We've been inseparable since our secondary school days, and I can't thank Allah enough for bringing her into my life. She's the kindest, most caring person I know, with a heart full of love and compassion. And I know most of you will testify to that, especially Rjay. I mean, have you seen the way he looks at her? It's like she's the only woman in the world." Billy teased, and laughter erupted from the crowd, punctuated by Meenah's blush and Fareed's sheepish grin.