SEVEN: UNEASE.

Two months and a few weeks until the big day. The preparations for my wedding with Fareed Jarma are in full swing. Our love story has become the town's hot topic, with our pre-wedding pictures trending on every social media platform.

Meenah turaki getting hitched with the Famous Fareed Jarma

R.Jay deserves someone better than Meenah

Indeed this is what we call through love, three years of dating and finally they decided to settle down.

This and that, but that second comment? It's giving hater vibes. The number of people disliking the fact that Fareed chose me as his life partner is countless. Fake fans claim that he deserves someone better, not a person with as much pride and ego as me! Their opinions make me laugh because I couldn't care less about what they actually think. What truly matters is that Fareed and I are inseparable.

Amidst my thoughts, I heard a soft knock on the door. Glancing up from my phone I inquired about the visitor, and Aysha made her entrance. "Meenah love, how are you?" she asked, settling onto my bed.

"Aysha baby, I'm fine! Why are you all dressed up this late at night?" I inquired, observing her impeccable dark blue long-sleeve peplum jumpsuit, matching turban, and simple makeup. She looked stunning, as always.

"Have you forgotten?! Today is Henry Marks' birthday party." She reminded.

And suddenly, it dawned on me; Oh yeah, it's today. "Wallahi, I totally forgot. Well, enjoy!" I exclaimed.

"What do you mean enjoy? Aren't you going?" she asked, and I nodded. "But you were invited, weren't you?"

"Yeah, I was, but then I don't want to go," I confessed.

"Girl, you can't let me go to that party all alone. I need a friend, so please and please let's go together," she pleaded with clasped palms.

"Sorry, Aysha, but I'm not going," I said, hopping down from the bed.

"Meenah, don't do this to me, please."

"Aysha, please don't do this to me too."

She stood in front of me, saying, "Give me one important reason you won't go."

"Just because," I shrugged.

"Should I go on my knees and beg you? You want it like that? I will do that if I have to."

"Haba, Aysha," I sighed, growing tired of her persistence. She was about to go on her knees when I stopped her. "What are you doing?" I snapped.

"Meenah, please and please. If you love Allah, go with me to the party; I don't want to go there alone," she whined.

I sighed, relenting after her persistent pleas. "Alright, I'll go."

"Yess!" She exclaimed.

"But first, I need to inform Fareed about it," I said, grabbing my phone.

"Alright, go ahead."

I dialed his line several times, but there was no answer.

"He's not answering," I announced, frustration tainting my voice.

"Well, I'm sure he'll call back when he sees your missed call. Come on, get dressed so we won't be late." She pulled me to my wardrobe and in the end, I settled for a denim flare dress and a veil.

"Sis, I envy you! Your beauty shines in every outfit you wear," she complimented, with a playful pout.

"Would you just shush and let's go?" I rolled my eyes, attempting to reach out to Fareed once more, but there was no response. Frustration lingered as I sent a text and dropped the phone into my bag.

*****

As we stepped into the birthday party, a lively atmosphere engulfed us. A crowd of people filled the place, eating, drinking; including beers, dancing, and even partaking in shisha. Regret instantly washed over me; I shouldn't be here. Oh Meenah, what have you put yourself through?

We exchanged pleasantries with Samantha and her brother, the birthday boy, surrounded by his gang of friends. Aysha disappeared into the crowd, leaving me to find solace on a sofa.
Moments later, Fareed's name illuminated my phone screen, and I swiped to answer, though the music drowned out his voice.

"Hello Fareed," I pressed the phone against my ear, blocking the other to hear better.

"Meenah, where are you? And why am I hearing music in the background?" I heard him ask.

"I'm at Henry's birthday party!" I yelled over the noise.

"What?"

"I said I'm in—" The call abruptly cut.

"Oh my goodness," I sighed, attempting to reconnect, but the call refused. I returned to my seat, and a waiter approached with a tray of drinks.

"Miss, your friend said I should bring you some drinks," he gestured.

"Oh, alright then," I accepted, knowing Aysha was the friend. "Thank you," I smiled as he walked away.

Taking a sip, the mocktail was surprisingly pleasant. Moments later, a guy I recognized as one of Henry's friends settled on the adjacent sofa.

"Meenah, right?" he asked, and I nodded, feeling uneasy.

"I know you. You're the famous Rjay's fiancé?"

"I am," I nodded.

"Nice, I'm Idrees, by the way. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise," I replied, my discomfort growing.

"I'll leave you now, bye."

"Bye, Idrees," I said, watching him depart. As I sipped my drink, a sense of unease settled in. Little did I know, the night would take an unexpected turn, ending in the worst way possible.

😶

I wonder what will happen?
We shall see in the next chapter so stay tuned😁❤️