Apologizing For You

"Don't touch me, Zach."
"W-w-what? Cammie, what's happened?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zach's POV

      "You see, Zach," Macey starts, "When you insult our school, our girls, and our legacy, we don't usually let you off very lightly." She gives a sarcastic smirk. I feel my throat tighten and I decide to do what every spy does best; lie.
"I don't know what you're talking about, McHenry" I say with a glare.
"'This place is like living in a slum', also 'I don't understand how half of the girls got into the school when they can barely kick properly' and my personal favorite 'no wonder they had to make Blackthorne as well as Gallagher; girls shouldn't even be in this industry'. Ring a bell, Zach?" She continues. I look down at Cammie. My Gallagher Girl. I see the hurt dancing in her eyes and I want to throw up. I can't believe that I did this to her.
"Gallagher Girl-" I start, but she cuts me off.
"Is that what you think of us, Zach? Is that what you think of me?" Cammie says, taking backwards steps away from me; like I have scared her.
"What? No! Of course not! I-" I stop myself, looking down at my friends. They're making whipping actions and fake goo-goo eyes. They're the only reason I said any of that stuff. They're the reason I upset my Gallagher Girl. But if I lose them, I lose all the popularity I've ever had. I'll have to explain to Cammie later. I plaster a fake smirk on my face and look into her eyes.
"Yeah, Gallagher Girl. That's exactly what I think of you. You're only the way you are today because of your parents. Daddy's Little Princess." Oh no. Her dad's dead. I completely forgot. How could I forget that! She's going to hate me! I'm so stupid! I'm so so stupid! How many mistakes can I make?
A single tear leaves her eye and I know I've done it. I've cracked her.

Cammie's POV

    Daddy's. Little. Princess.
I've been called a lot of things in my life. Cameron, Cammie, Cam, Kiddo, Squirt, The Rachel-Morgan-Prodigy, A Posh-Stuck-Up-Rich-Girl, Gallagher Girl... Daddy's Little Princess has never, ever been on that list. How could he? He's the one person that isn't my mum or my best friends that knows me. And I mean really knows me. He can read me like a book. Yet he just took the sharpest knife in my kitchen drawer and rammed it into me. A single tear escapes my eye and I know that it's not because of the words he said; it's because he said them.
"Okay, well, it's good to finally know how you feel about me. I mean, I wouldn't have wanted to come here under the impression that you were actually worth caring about, now wouldn't I?!" I croak out with an edge to my voice. I start walking over to where Bex and Macey are stood in shock. Bex laughs, bitterly and shakes her head at him. All the other girls look at him for one last time before turning and walking up the stairs to our dorms, suddenly not in the mood to care about their outfits.
"Cammie, wait! That's not what I meant." Zach pleads. I grab Macey and Bex's hands and start pulling them up the stairs with the rest of the girls. Macey starts to move, but Bex stays firmly planted.
"She only wanted to see you. She was only excited about coming here to see you!" She yells.
"Bex" I whisper, but she ignores me.
"You stay away from her, Goode! She doesn't need you to ruin what she managed to make of herself after her dad. You stay away from her or I swear to God I will kill you." She finishes, before speeding up the stairs, gripping my hand like a vice.
      When we get to our rooms the other girls say goodbye in a sad tone of voice. I'm still sharing a room with Bex, Macey, and Liz so it's not a surprise to see Liz in there reading a book. When she hears the door slam, her head snaps up from her studying.
"Cam! What happened?!" She says, noticing the sad expression on my face and the tears in my eyes.
"5 minuntes" I whisper.
"What?" Liz asks.
"You give me 5 minutes to cry over that... That jerk, before you force me to stop!" I sob out. Liz immediately wraps her arms around my waist and I cry into the crook of her neck. I would usually hate people seeing me this broken, but the whole of Blackthorne and the Junior class of Gallagher just saw one tear stream down my face- I don't mind letting my best friends see a few more.