Chapter 5: Indu

Even worse was that his entire upper body was bare, and under the faint moonlight, his muscular figure shone. His messy yet dignified black hair draped over his shoulders, covering parts of his chest. The light accentuated his six-pack abs, something that subconsciously made Indu drool.

"What am I thinking about." She softly shook her head. She wasn't in his league in the slightest. Their meeting today was a lucky fluke. Axer was destined to marry a stunning, voluptuous woman. At least, that was the only thing she could think of that fit his heavenly physique.

"Say, Indu, how do you plan on walking down the mountain?" He suddenly asked.

"With my feet, of course?" Indu couldn't understand why he would ask such a silly question. Was there another way to get down a mountain? Wait, maybe...

Her eyes trembled as a scene of Axer grabbing Indu and throwing her off a mountain flashed by her eyes. He was ballsy enough to jump from this height to kill a troll; who said he wouldn't make them jump to reduce the time it took to descend?

"What are you thinking about?" Axer looked past her at the valley below, then her trembling eyes, then how she fearfully gripped him and finally smirked. "I'm not going to throw you off, you know."

Axer leaned his face in closer until his face covered her entire vision.

"That is, of course, unless you want me to." He whispered into her ear. Indu shivered as goosebumps appeared across her body. The heat of his breath tickled her ear while her face grew hot. Anyone who saw the scene would mistake this moment for an intimate action between a couple, unassuming of the violent proposal it actually was.

"Oh, my god." The phrase echoed in her head repeatedly. She couldn't understand what the hell was happening right now. Was he seducing her? Threatening her? Just what in heaven was happening? A jumbled soup of emotions clashed in her heart as multiple reasons behind his actions popped into her mind. In the end, Indu chose the most logical one.

"He's just messing with me." Him being interested in an ugly woman like her? Wrong. Him trying to threaten her? Wrong – what could she possibly offer him? Even if she was the daughter of a town lord, she was ultimately a commoner with a little more money. Judging by Axer's strength, he obviously made a lot of money. Nobles desired strong warriors and were willing to pay multiple syli for someone like him.

The only explanation left was him playing around with her. Although Indu was shy to admit it aloud, she knew they had gotten close enough to joke around. Were they friends? Indu couldn't be sure. The only thing she knew was that their prescience wasn't unwelcome by the other party. No, Indu couldn't even be sure if Axer liked her. She liked his presence, though. She hoped he did as well.

"Ahhh! Wait, Axer, stop-!"

The next moment, Axer picked Indu up and placed her in a princess carry. He put her head on his shoulder as his hair covered her neck and shoulders like a blanket. Thanks to wearing nothing but Axer's thin garments, Axer's body heat flowed through her like a furnace. It felt so good to leave the cold ground and feel the heat again, but her position mortified Indu beyond anything she had ever imagined. She struggled to escape his grip, but his hands were like iron chains binding her to his body.

"Were you going to walk down the mountain with bare feet?"

Indu abruptly stopped resisting. He was right. Not to mention the random twigs and stones that could pierce her feet, poisonous critters, and other creepy crawlies that existed everywhere. And if she were bitten by an unknown, venomous creature? It would only take moments for her to join her mother in heaven. She was about to comment about Axer's shoes when she realized it – Axer wasn't wearing any!