04.

CHAPTER FOUR
before season 1

 A WEEK HAD PASSED by from the last time that Travis had seen his cousin, and despite him telling her to call him no matter what but she still hadn't called and it was worrying him more than he wanted to admit

Victoria Hughes walked into the kitchen, making her breakfast as she glanced over at Travis who was staring down at the cereal on the table. She had noticed him feeling distracted over the past few days but she didn't know how to bring it up to him without him closing up on her.

With the rest of the fire fighters walking into the room, their uniform placed on them perfectly, they all sat down at the table together to enjoy their breakfast before the sound of the alarm ringing interrupted them.

"Everything all right with you, Montgomery?" Andrea Herrera questioned, looking over at her friend. Her father was the Captain of the group, and was strong and determined, exactly like she was.

Feeling everyone's eyes on him, he looked up, dropping his spoon into his bowl as he ran his hand over his face. "I'm fine."

Before any one could respond again, the sound of a man screaming down at the entrance of the station caught their attention as they all jumped up into action. Rushing down the stairs of the station, they came face-to-face Maya Bishop and Victoria rushed over, helping the man as his nose was broken, blood rushing down his face as he groaned in pain.

"What happened, sir?" Maya asked him, grabbing the medical equipment from Dean as they applied the pressure to his nose.

"Some little bitch beat me up!" The man exclaimed, flailing his arms around.

The others were aware of the state that he was in, the old, broken clothes and shoes as he continued ranting on, his face was not only bloody but also dirty with stains that were similar to the ones on his clothes.

"Can you give a description on who did this?" Maya inquired, getting ready for the police report as Andy called her childhood friend, Ryan Tanner.

"Brunette, sarcastic little bitch. Couldn't really see much of her before she punched me in the face." The man gave them the brief description as he sat down in the chair, holding the ice pack against his face.

Travis paused what he was doing, his eyes widening as he thought back to his stubborn, sarcastic cousin who he knew was also having a rough time. He glanced over at Victoria who was already staring at him, having a brief idea of why he was currently experiencing the reaction that he was.

Jack glanced over at Travis, furrowing his eye brows when he saw his reaction. "Montgomery and I will go and look for the woman."

"Why would you do that? She might be dangerous." Andy disagreed with their idea, shaking her head as she stared at them with worry.