Heaven's Storm by @Sorrells-novels

Winner of WattpadESL's New year feasta music prompt - Heaven's storm by Sorrells-Novels

***

Aarin tilted the box filled with miscellaneous items, he didn't remember what exactly he packed in it, he had thrown all of his belongings into random containers; however, he would find out whenever he decided to unpack the rest of his luggage.

It had been a hasty move, his previous landlady had told him that his brother had visited and said he would stop by, which meant a hurriedly terminated contract and a swift move.

It had been ten years since he had fallen, Heaven no longer tolerated his mischievous pranks that reminded the archangels so much of Lucifer, it wasn't Aarin's fault that his dear older brother went against Heaven's code, but they decided that Aarin was far too similar to Lucifer to let him live among the saints.

Each end of the year he had spent just staring at whatever was in front of him, each year he fled from his brother's search, and each year he grew more and more tired. The last time his brother found him so quickly, Aarin knew it was because he stopped hiding every trace of his existence.

He let out a rueful sigh as he looked back toward the second-hand television that he had gotten during a sale, the screen was decorated with simple flowers and stars, as the seconds ticked by. Humans loved to celebrate, even if it could only be in the most simple of ways.

In Heaven, during the new year celebration, many angels gathered around with instruments and worked together in harmony to create the most beautiful of sounds. Aarin had always loved the celebration, fluttering and dancing around the other angels with his flute. It was the one day of the year that no one looked at him with veiled suspicion.

How laughable, now that he sat alone in a rundown apartment that was barely even considered livable. It was a temporary establishment, at least until his brother once again found him.

His golden eyes, a symbol of being a holy being, glared at the countdown. There was only a minute left until midnight dawned upon them, Aarin's memories of his only companion surfacing more as it became closer to the new year.

There was only one angel that actually enjoyed Aarin's pranks and shared in his joy, Leon. They had grown together, fought together, and even loved each other at the risk of being persecuted for going against the conduct of angels, but that hadn't stopped Leon from betraying him.

A simple prank of filling a trumpet with water during a new year's celebration had angered one of the archangels greatly, and it came to no one's surprise when they came looking for Aarin with accusation. The soaked, rageful image of the angel had sent great fear into his heart.

Truthfully, it hadn't been Aarin's fault, he didn't even know that such a thing had been done, but it mattered not to the others. Aarin had the reputation of a prankster and even the stigma of being Lucifer's younger brother, so the event had naturally fallen onto his shoulders. It had apparently been the last straw to the council.

He pleaded his case, he had always taken credit for his mischievous actions and had never messed with the celebration before, but his guilt had already been decided. Leon's guilty eyes as Aarin was cast down from Heaven still haunted his dreams from time to time.

Aarin stood from his couch as the countdown finally ended, fireworks were set off at once, filling the sky with their loud explosions. The new year had descended and he was feeling quite tired from the day.