Bonus Chapter #3: In Kains Apartment

En başından başla

"One time, after Kain came back from the hospital. He asked me why I stayed. Why did I stay when everyone else left him for good. He also seemed rather conflicted with himself" she spoke truthfully, speaking everything she thought of in the moment with Suho staying quiet, this time seriously listening. The young master Kain asked her why she stayed? That was something so out of character for him, it took Suho a second to process. "...I-I'm only telling you this because you're the young master's bodyguard but you must not tell anyone else" she whispered to him. Leaning over a bit so he could hear better. "A year ago, after everyone had left young master Kain and quit, I accidentally left my car keys in the kitchen inside Kains apartment...but you know, the young master absolutely hates it when people are in his home past 8 o'clock. So I debated if I should walk home or take a taxi but I was also really scared the young master would find my keys on the counter then get upset the next morning" she began.

"So I took the risk and went back into the apartment. Luckily, he was nowhere in the kitchen nor in the living room, so I was able to grab my keys right away. Once I did, I was going to leave right away but I heard the young master's cries upstairs" she clenched her hands playing with the hem of her apron, pursing her lips as she remembered every detail clearly. From the emotions that shot through her when she heard the whimpers of Kain muffled upstairs and the panic she had when she rushed up. "Of course I ran upstairs. Scared he might've been hurt or in pain. It was there I saw the young masters bathroom door slightly open, so I peeked inside, seeing him on the ground against the wall, crying. He looked...so broken" she bit her lip. Feeling her own eyes tearing up.

"He kept saying sorry over and over and over again. His crying got worse each second and he started hitting the wall. The young master just...he couldn't stop, it seemed" she sniffled, wiping away her forming tears. Looking up at Suho who's joking smile vanished all together. Kain crying. That was something he thought he'd never witness let alone hear about. It kind of hurt him too. Knowing the scary young master was crying alone after everyone had left. "But when he got up, washing his face in the sink...I quickly left as fast and quietly as I could before he could see me. Although I was crying too after witnessing Kain sob and stupidly tripped over the last stair. I got to the door, opening it as I turned" she gulped, blinking her eyes, stopping her pending crying.

"I saw the young master standing at the top of the stairs, staring at me with red puffy eyes. Out of fear, I immediately left. The next day the young master injured me but after that, he avoided me all the time. He wouldn't look at me, talk to me, or even staying in the same room with me. He always kept his distance. But after he came back from that fight with the Shinhwa's chairwoman's brother, it was the first time he looked me in the eye in a year. And even spoke to me" when she finished, she looked Suho straight in the eyes. Her caramel orbs glossed over while confidently talking. "And our young master has changed a lot more after that. He's become stable. Like he finally accepted something about himself. And I want to be there to help him in every step he takes to fully understand what happiness is. To become happy again" he blinked, keeping eye contact with her until he had to look away. Her eyes sparkled with nothing but motivation and clear belief in Kain.

He, too, noticed his change. But unlike Elise, he had a harder time accepting Kains change. It felt iffy. It made him uneasy. A lot of it also scared him. Because someone can't change like that overnight. Someone like Kain of the past couldn't suddenly become 'stable'. There's no way. Yet, he did. "Can I ask you a question now?" Elise asked, leaning over to catch Suhos attention. He nodded once, since Elise told him something very personal about herself. "...why do you continue to protect Kain? Just like how you've known me for years, I also know you dislike him" Suho flinched, grimacing as he heard her. "Was it that obvious?" He sighed. "Very. I bet everyone knew except Kain himself" she stated, watching Suho closely as his body tensed up, fidgeting with his fingers.